1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X2 - Did you see it this weekend?!?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, May 5, 2003.

1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes she was in the first film and I am pretty sure that Storm specifically addresses Jubilee by name in the prison scene in the sequel so as I said I rather imagine it was her.

I must admit, I found that the body-swap enhancement to her assets were indeed quite impressive :D .

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I will let you know what I think of it in a few hours ;) .

I'm not a comic book reader, nor an X-Men fan, But I saw the first one and it was OK so we'll see about this one.

3. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I saw it at 7:00pm on Friday in a very crowded theatre with a few friends of mine, we had reserved tickets 10 days in advance.

I thought the movie was fairly good overall, though I was a little let down by a couple of the actors (namely the guy who played Cyclops and a bit by the kid who played Ice Man as well), however, that's just nitpicking. All in all it was a very fun movie. I definitely prefer it to the first and I'm looking forward to any sequel or spin-off.

4. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I liked it too. I don't understand how you can say it isn't faithful to the comics when the line up and character circumstances are different from year to year. I noticed Pyro's lack of accent, but if it isn't written in stone in the comics, I guess it shouldn't be so in the movies either. The movie didn't stray too far from what we 'know' in the comics, so I am willing to overlook any differances.

On the Jubilee thing, I am of the opinion that it was Jubes in both films. Even if it wasn't the same actress in both, the char may be the same. One thing I llked about boht movies were all of the cameos from different X-Men past and present. Shoot, one cameo played a vital role. I am talking abour Siryn's screaming waking up everyone not already shot in the building.

Now a question. I recognized the guy that played the head guard at the Alkali Dam Base. Not the tubbo that Mags killed, but the guy with dark hair and almost black eyes. Anyone know?

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you're referring to the actor, he was the guy who played Marius (I think that was his name) in the Highlander TV series. The oldest immortal, IIRC. Man, I miss that show.

6. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No, I haven't seen it yet, but I want to.

Will any one tell me the new people in it, besides death strike (?) and nightcrawler?

7. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, I was refering to the actor. I knew he looked familiar for a reason. I watched that show all of the time. Thanks DR.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I've never read an X-Men comic. So watching these movies is an exercise in getting to know who's who and what they can do. It's a lot of information, but sometimes I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. The focus is shifting here and there and hinting at cool things but hardly ever taking them to the next step.

There's some great scenes and ideas and there's some not so great ones. Overall, it's neither really good or really bad, just in the middle somewhere, but definitely better in the first.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Compulsive Dementia

All the same as the first, plus Iceman (I guess he was in the first too...), Pyro (damn, him too), and I think that's it for major characters. There are a few characters hinted at to appear in future fims, and others that make brief cameos. So I guess you named the only 2 all-new people, but they're good enough. When you go see it, focus on the details. Trust me.

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Gambit was rejected from the movie because he gave a bad example, ie, gambling. I wouldnt have thought it mattered with all the killing etc.

The movie was great. Especially the killing scenes.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] See, it's okay to kill people...Just don't play cards!

Nightcrawler was definitely the coolest new guy! But the cameo by Colossus was wild too! Watching Wolverine go off on those military guys was awesome!!! It's nice to see general violence and mayhem back in the movies!!!

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The actor's name is Peter Wingfield and his character's name on Highlander was Methos (you are thinking about the correct character though - Methos was the oldest immortal). I have seen him in a few other tv shows over the years but nothing major.

I'll second that.

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I presume you mean X-Men 2? I haven't seen it yet but I saw X-Men 1 which I thought was Ok. Patrick Stewart rules. And he grew up only a few miles away from where I live :)

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just saw it. I agree that it was better than the first, not by much though. Logan is really starting to grow on me in the movies, still too tall and too skinny though. Ian McKellen is really good as Magneto, he just rules. The way he broke out from the prison just rocks!

15. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

X2 was awesome!!! Nightcrawler's effects were great. He was the coolest new chara.

16. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Man, I'll have to catch it soon then. I've been so damn busy.

It was Methos? I thought it was Mythos. Anyway, was he the oldest? I thought the other horseman of apocalypse, Kronos, (played by Valentine Pelka) was older. You can catch Wingfield and Pelka in reruns of Queen of Swords. It lasted just one season though.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It was definitely spelled Methos as that was the episode title in his first appearance. As far as whether or not Kronos or Methos was older I really can't say, it has been a while since I saw the horsemen episodes. Methos was certainly referred to as the oldest living immortal often enough but it could be that the watchers etc. just didn't know about Kronos.

I saw Wingfield in an episodes of Queen of Swords. I saw his face when flipping channels and decided to see what it was but I really didn't care for the show. I didn't realize that Pelka was in the series too.

18. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I just saw it, and I REALLY enjoyed it.

19. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Just saw it on Thursday... great movie!! There were a couple draggy scenes, but overall I'm glad they extended it -- the first one was waaay too short. It does however slightly annoy me that Wolverine got his butt kicked so badly by what's-her-fingers. Oh well.

I've heard rumors that Halle will not be back for the next one, and also that it will focus even more on Wolverine. I'm hoping they are mistaken, as that would seem to do away with all the foreshadowing they did with Jean... which, by the way, was probably my favorite aspect of the movie. I thought her death was a tad weak (neither Xavier nor Bobby could do anything to help?), but it's better than fighting invading superpower aliens. I like the realistic approach they have taken with the films, which seems to be a recent trend with comic remakes.

I'm hoping the next one will have more of a showdown between Magneto's forces and the X-Men. I thought from the previews there would be more group fighting in this one (the school invasion), but oh well. I also want to see Phoenix! :)

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, I saw it too.

There's something that isn't *quite* right about it, but it's an outstanding movie.

The ending of the movie, rather than the beginning, talks about "evolution". If the third movie is the evolution of *that* mutant, I'm not sure that's going to jiive with me.

It's one thing if you have them find Crinshinibon and the whole other dimensions thing. It's another if she just *evolves* into it. But it's definately worth seeing. Although it leaves me a little bit skeptical about the third movie.

The story in the 2nd one works for me, though. I liked Nightcrawler. And even Mystique got some extra character defination in there, which since the actress is basically naked, I've absolutely no problem with. She's totally smart, too.

I'd hit it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.