1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the meaning of your names?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Igneous, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] No offense taken!!! I just thought I'd have a little fun with it...Should've added a smiley! :D

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'd probably be better off not responding to this topic, but here goes...

I was obsessed with South Park a while ago. So AMaster = AssMaster. Isn't that heroic? Now, I just think Amaster is a sorta cool fantasy name. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the capitalized M in my name.

4. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A Bateluer is a bird of prey that hails from Africa. The name is french, since the french occupied that area and named the bird.

I tried other names like Peregrine and a few others, but they were already taken on Battle.net, but Bateluer was not taken, and it had better stay that way.

5. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hmm, not too hard to work out, but slightly lacking imagination I suppose.

Actually used the name for my first character online back in the 80's, and it kinda stuck.

As you've prob. guessed, Scandinavian, now raping and pilaging in the fair country of the UK, so I thought it fitting at the time....

Hey, anyone else play the original MUD or Mist on the old Vax servers at Essex uni? Ahhh, the days.... (Or more to the point, the nights!)

6. Irenicus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] well, irenicus is the main bad guy in bg2 and well my name is irene and my friend thought that that was funny so she started calling me irenicus all the time so the nickname stuck!

7. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] um... one of my friends used to get so annoyed whenever a guy called her a Dude so then she said that all girls should be Dudettes and all guys should be dudes...

8. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The name of a grand city...and the King of it..."King Gonmar". Gonmar is a venerable old human with a long grey beard...he walks with a limp and a cane. His powers are unknown...but he seems to travel at will from place to place with only the wave of his hand. He loves a good double black root stout and every now and then a pixie brew(more than just a beer). He is hailed for his peacekeeping skills and ability to rally troops in time of need. He is the greatest orator in the land. Also, Gonmar is the author of many books detailing his long life..and the many events he has lived through. Rumor has it that Gonmar really is Bahamut in Human form...

9. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] I made up my name. My last name obviously means to bring fear. I should be feared in battle! That is important in fantasy life as well as in the real world!

I am a redhead, here me roar! :D

My first name I chose because even though I should instill fear in battle, there are times where being kind, soft hearted, and easy to deal with will come in just as handy in the fantasy world, as well as the real world.

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Maybe I'm cluless, but I can't tell by your name or by your Avantar if you're male or female.

Not that it matters, just curious if you're a boy kobald or a girl kobald.

11. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Really? You can't tell. Strange.

You would say it like Sa ( as in I saw that) ti (like the tea you drink) ana.

I thought it sounded like a girls name.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That was my assumption, but I've made one too many of those that ended up with me making an ASS out of U and ME ;)

Cool name though!

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ragusa ==> name of a sicily village, I immediately loved the name for it´s ominous sound ;)

14. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

marek - not from BG1, but from a michael crichton book, time line.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My extreme mood changes make my name. Trully I haven't borrowed it from anywhere although there is Joe Satriani album 'Extremist'. Then again I liked funk-rock music from Extreme (a group used to smack the 90'). Maybe that pointed me in choosing the name. Dunno.

16. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Has anyone read James Joyce's "Portrait of The Artist as a Young Man"? The protagonist was called "Stephen," named after the first Christian martyr. "Wolf" was the name of my half-orc Barbarian. I added the two names together and came up with Stephenwolf. Later, I learned that "Steppenwolf" was the name of a rock & roll band, and had it changed thus for the hell of it.

17. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Its probably pretty obvious where my name comes from if you're fantasy saavy. Its the name of a sword found by Bilbo Baggins' party after fighting some goblins. That along with Glamdring the Foe Hammer and "Sting". I chose Orkrist as a name, in games and on boards. There's no room for the "the" part, though.

18. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well this being my first post I doubt anyone has seen my username before. Anyhow,
    'Stargazer' is the title of a great 'Rainbow'(famous rock band '75-'84)
    song happening to be a personal favourite.
    rb stands for Ritchie Blackmore, the group's guitarist and rjd for Ronnie JAmes Dio, the singer.
    Hope you know them 'cause they can really ROCK!

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Elves are kewl. I like playing 'em and R'syil seemed a kewl name for an Elf, soooo ;)

20. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Stargazer-

"I'm the Man on the Silver Mountain!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.