1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which CD are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mortensen, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The Two Towers soundtrack. Excellent stuff.

3. Morkai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Metallica - The Black Album, Sad But True kicks it all.

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

D12 - Devil's Night

5. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Glass Hammer - The Middle Earth Album
    I really wish these guys would have been given at least a few songs on the LOTR soundtracks. Listening to this album is exactly like stepping into a tavern on ME, but without the visuals.

6. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ok you people that listen to pop, hip hop , rap, you people sicken me, you are disgusting revolting people.
    right now im listening to

Children Of Bodom-Follow The Reaper
    Mushroom Head-XX
    Guns and Roses
    Cradle Of Filth-From The Cradle To Enslave
    Slayer-Raining Blood

And yes these are all metal bands. your weak music disgusts me. Especially rap as there is no music involved just a guy ryming with a repeating beat in the background... none of you have the nerve for true sound.

[ January 18, 2003, 21:02: Message edited by: purerflames ]

7. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

@Purerflames: That's the spirit! Kill the rappers!

And right now the CD I'm listening to is: Ozzy Osbourne - The Ozzman Cometh.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    metal?? wuss :p

Oh like metal is music, it involves a couple guys with some syndroms, a guitarist who can´t even play the guitar but just go banging on it till it sounds cool, a drummer drumming like animal (you know, muppetshow) and a leadsinger screaming his lungs out.. that aint music, that is ****** **** ***** **** noise, and that´s the reason it´s good

now im listening to System of a Down - System of a Down (no you´re not seeing double)

[ January 18, 2003, 23:08: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

9. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

PureDarkness, Guns and Roses is NOT a metal band.

Morgoth, some metal bands, beleive it or not, actually have talent (none of the ones Pure listed though).

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, just heared Public Enemy's "911 is a joke" tune again ... I wonder if that song can still be played on the radio in the current climate in the US ... :shake:

As for the "just a dude rhyming to a beat" comment - ever tried to do just that, rhyming to a beat, for a whole evening even - improvising perhaps? Ever considered that that also requires pretty much skill?
    I know quite a couple of rap songs which have actually great lyrics and a good melody even. Of course, there are rappers and rappers ...

Don't take me wrong, but IMO your ignorance makes you miss some pretty good music. It's a question of taste anyway. Your general scoffing of rap as crap is plain stupid. Heavy and Rock are nice, but there is also quite a lot of trash around in this field.

[ January 20, 2003, 14:54: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

11. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31

And yes I know Guns and Roses aren't a metal band, bjtch, so shut up, and no i haven't heard a good rap song.

Yes metal is music. They can Play guitar. They are not screaming at the top of their lungs.
    Childrn of Bodom And Mushroom Head are good bands and get your hand off yourself and learn some shet before contradricting me on shet you dont know shet about, ok?

P.S. raping isnt that hard . I could if needed to and i have done it to prove to screwed up idiots that it is leser music... and sysem of a down? tsk tsk AND you putting down metal. you got problems man you sould never go out in public if only for the shame factor

[ January 21, 2003, 02:39: Message edited by: Puredarkness ]

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I know, I'm
    :yot:
    but there are reasons why the Forum rules demand respect and no swearing. Curse words, are, after all, asterisked out.

I don't see why "talent" matters in liking music. If I like listening to birds chirping, should I be attacked for having taste in "lesser" music? Likewise, is it my fault that I (hypothetically) like Britney Spears because her music (hypothetically) sounds good to me?

---

Okay, back on topic. I'm not really listening to any CD right now. Just internet radio (no "stupid", "overproduced" "crap" there. Quite diverse and broad, really). Still, it wouldn't hurt if I could get my hands on a Dogwood CD. :rolleyes:

[ January 21, 2003, 03:09: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I am now listening to The Donnas - "Spend the Night"

Good stuff!

14. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Funny... Im listening to Something Corporate right now.. but a few mins before i was listening to Relient K.

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    right now, Angelique Kidjo - Agolo

16. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Uh oh. Someone touched a nerve with puredarkness!!!

See, i listen to cradle, slipknot, decapitated, dimmu borgir, dismember, morbid angel, slayer, etc. BUT, i also listen to rap metal (eg(HED)PE), i listen to eminem, Dr DRE, Snoop. I listen to a bit of indie, alternative, classic rock.

None of the metal bands are un-tallented. Neither are the rock, indie, hiphop. It's just a different form. Metal is more about FAT chords and fast riffs and arpegios. Try playing any black metal without knowing any arpegios and you won't last a minute. I know.

There is no instrument that anyone can just bash away on and make a good sound. The closest to that would be most of the modern punk on the market at the moment. Drummer learns some basic beats and a blastbeat, guitarists learn how to bar chord and string bar chords together so it makes a tune. Punk just ain't rocket science. But that's not to say that it can't be appreciated.

Anyway, back on topic: ive got my mp3 jukebox set to randomly play my cd collection ripped down to 9GB of mp3s. So, i really have no idea what's comming next.

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Err dude, dont sheet with people who you dont know sheet about, im fan of those bands as well, i just was quoting my dad, sheeeeeettt

P.S. Who said System of a Down is metal?

[ January 21, 2003, 20:47: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

18. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Afroman - Good Times

19. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31

System of a Down isn't metal I know that I didn't say it was.

20. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

I'm listening jazz lately, Mingus, Stanley Clarke, Miles Davis...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.