1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Special Talents

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SoCo, May 28, 2003.

1. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Just like the topic says. So Do you have any?
    Right now I can't think of any. I'll edit mine in once I remember it. If I have any that is. God I hope I have at least one.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well as a matter of fact I do!

I can make a stack of lumber into something wonderful and beautiful. Whether it is a cherry vase turned on a lathe, a small maple chest, or a huge oak entertainment center.

One talent that has faded a little is my ability at water sports...mainly water polo and swimming. My freshmen year in high school my water polo team won first place in regions, and I earned several medals in swimming at the regional level...oh, and if I wouldn't have moved to Utah, my coach said that I would have lettered in both sports my sophmore year just like all my older siblings who he also coached did.

Oh, and one more I just thought of. I have the awesome ability to turn a very bad sunburn into a even tan. I developed this ability as a child by going to the local pool or the beach every day during the summer, and every Saturday during the school year. Pffh, who needs sunscreen?!?! Personally, I think I look good in red. :rolleyes: :rolling:

3. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Special talents? Sure.
    I'm very good at devouring my food :p (that's a joke :hahaerr: )

I have a talent in miniature painting, CRPG games ;) and I think in writing(I think about posting a part of my book - well, as far as I have wrote).

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Languages. I don't know how I pack all the information away and not get confused. I know, English, Chinese, Urdu/Hindi, Arabic and I learnt Korean for 3 years. I have read stuff on just about every language family under the sun and I find it amazing stuff. Languages are so intricate and fun to play with. I reckon it would be cool to invent my own, but why bother when all the living languages are so much cooler?

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Stupid People Trick #1: I can wiggle my nose like Samantha in the 60's TV show "Bewitched." I was in high school before I realized that no one else could do this! :roll:

As for useful skills, I'm a good cook. I can open a pantry and find SOMETHING I can turn into a tasty, reasonably nutritious meal.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I consider my ability to write a special talent. :)

Does being able to dose myself daily with double the maximum dose of a certain medicine without ill effects or the medicine worrking count as a talent? Because if I fed, say, Rallymama this dose of the med, she'd be off sleeping for the next three days at the very least. Me, I take every morning a dose that would knock tthe living daylights out of most people. :D

More if I can figure 'em out :p

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I can spam on Sorcerer's all day and still hit quota!

For a 6'3" who weights 225 lbs, I can do a surprising number of flips and other tumbling tricks.

That's about it :)

8. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can do a lot of semi-impressive things. I can draw, I can write, I can stay somewhat sane. As far as stupid special talents go, I'm double jointed in my fingers so I can... well, you'd have to see it. And I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. Yeah, I practiced that one.

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I can swim pretty well...

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well the majority of people can go cross eyed right? Well when i go cross eyed i can make my right eye move around on it's own, while the left one stays still. I learnt in biology that this shoudln't be possible, and only animals like snakes can do it... so i guess i'm a freak lol.

I used to be able to put one leg over my shoulder (i managed two, once, and got stuck). I can't do it anymore because my body grew a bit.

I can 'flat pack' myself. Basically i can kneel on the ground, then lean right back (which moves my lower leg halves across a bit) and be flat all the way along my body (except my nose).

I can belly dance a little.

I once managed to do a perfect one-handed cartwheel (by fluke).

I can throw myself around a lot and still get up from it. When i hit the ground i bounce!

Hmmm that's about it i guess.

11. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I can make my eyes tremble.
    My cooking usually is very appreciated.
    My hand on a flat table, I can make a 90° angle between my index and middle finger.
    I can scratch the back of my ear with my foot.
    I once was awake for five days and without drugs. (insomnia...gets you crazy)

12. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I can take stupidly alrge amounts of pain.
    I can also jump off of high places and 'bounce'
    I can speak a few languages
    I can draw
    I can sorta sing
    I can sorta play piano
    I can do impressions of famous people

Thats it... wow, im not as useless as i thought

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In fact my most significant special talent is being still alive. I have the magnificent ability to chevalier through and chevalier around things. I can also chevalier in, chevalier people off, or chevalier out secrets or puzzles and chevalier over people or the control of events.

14. Thauglor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am great with animals, i haven't ever seen one that didn't like me so I work at rodeo's and help my cousin break horses durring the summer.

I am great with just about any kind of fire arms.

I am okay at sword fighting.

I am good with throwing knives and throwing stars.

I know some martial arts.

I am pretty darn good at baseball. I could have probably made my schools varsity team if I hadn't broken my finger three days before tryouts.

And I am good at figureing out what I want to know about almost anyone or anything. People tell me I should be in the CIA or FBI when i get older, or at least a PI.

15. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Still nothing, I can't think of anything special enough to be a talent other then, a high tolence of pain, and I can eat large portions of food quicky. My buddies and I have contests and races when eating buffalo wings and other foods.

16. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I can play the guitar and sing quite well (or at least that's what everybody tell me).
    I'm the kind of person friends look for when they are depressed, because it seems that I've the talent to make them laugh with goofy humor and crazy faces.
    When I'm involved in private affairs I'm INCREDIBLY patient.
    I'm insanely longwinded, plus I always speak very fast and loud (or at least when I don't control myself, wich happens quite often, if the discussion is exiting...).
    I have a natural curiosity of about almost everything on earth, including people's life, wich often annoys persons when they meet me for the first time.
    I literally have no pudor.

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I can take my forefinger and my ringfinger, make a bridge, and pass my middle finger through the bridge (more like an arch, actually.) I don't take it as a sign at all that the only other fellow I've met able to do this ended up in the psych ward. ;)

This never fails to gross people out.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well...

My parent and gaurdian are always saying that my wit gets the better of them and the speed I come up with remarks is pretty fast and entertaining.

I can dislocate my thumb.

I can do a strange wiggly thing with my fingers nobody else can do.

I can imitate and talk in many voices and personalities.

I can walk with my knees backwards.

I can control vaguely my friends puppy. Major achivements!

I talk to cats :spin: .

I can talk to myself in five person conversation.

I can make people laugh without realising it.

I can make a strong, grown man tumble aremed with only a magic trick.

I can scare the hell outta someone yet be frienly at the same time ;)

I can say floober yet still sound vaguely intelligent

I can use Vaguely twice in the same post :p

hmm... pretty useless talents... but nonetheless, it's something.

19. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wow! You're all a bunch of talented people.

The best I can come up with is that I have a knack with numbers. I used to be able to quickly and accurately multiply a three-digit number by a two-digit number in my head. I'd race a friend who would use a calculator and win much of the time.

I can also lose myself in books for long periods of time without surfacing. 12-14 hours was not uncommon before I got married and had kids.

Oh yeah, I'm also a world-class procrastinator as I am proving yet again by being here instead of working. :rolleyes:

[edit]
    One other thing that's not wholly a talent of my own, but between my wife and myself, we were able to choose the birth month of our children in advance. :o Now, between the four of us, we have birthdays in January, February, March, and April.
    [/edit]

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I can turn my eyes up so much, that there's only white area to others to see (i know my english sucks, i am tired). It's useful for scaring teachers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.