1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your D&D self

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thats just what I was looking ArchAngel.
    Maybe the people here really do have an average INT of 14. We'll see, yet.

2. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

:eek: Damn, not often I encounter a person with an IQ between 160 and 170 online, although I knew there were a lot of smart people here... :eek:

[This message has been edited by Azardu (edited January 14, 2002).]

3. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

There is an ability score potential and ability score current.

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 14, 2002).]

4. Ramses Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] The IQ test-link was supposed to make us score high? I scored 144 and you suspect me to be satisfied?

Although easy too, this Mensa workout (no IQ test) is far more fun and interesting. http://www.mensa.org/workout.html

Note, I forgot to mention something. If you feel the same please contact Mensa for membership. Don't let your wits whither. We can always use some more members. http://www.mensa.org/national.html

[This message has been edited by Ramses (edited January 14, 2002).]

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have never understood the need for an organisation like mensa. What is they do there? Comparing eachothers scores and feeling superiour because they scored higher than the general populace on a test that grade your ability to see patterns in meaningless figures?
    I must say that I dont like any "closed" societies, there is no way to measure a humans worth not by tests nor by any other means.

6. Ramses Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] We are a harmless organisation. Consider it a fitness club for mentality. There are many more ways to be bright. In ways of art and drawings. In ways of music and sports. They all have communities of their own where they meet and interact, don't they? We are not better than those, just different.

Joacqin, everyone should be proud of what they are. Not be hostile of what they are not. Don't you agree?

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thats true. But I am a very suspicsious person. I think all socities of all kinds have something of a cult in them :)
    And in that I include everything from this little community we have here at SP to Koresh lookalikes ;)

8. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31

I think the major problem is that Stats are suppose to be set. Real life doesn't work that way. An example is I took the IQ test and I know that my score would be at least 15-20 points lower if I took when I was in high school.
    The system doesn't take life altering experience and learning into account completely. No one can tell what the ravages of age can bring on a person

9. Ramses Gems: 2/31

Allow me to use a phrase I learned yesterday, Joacqin. "LoL" :)

I have a feeling you are an extraordinary person. Just don't let your suspiciousity sway to intolerance.

Edited due to a post that squiezed inbetween and a note to Joacqin; Of course there are arrongant members of Mensa as there are arrogant artists and body builders. Let them live their clouded life. A magnificent and well balanced personality has nothing to do with the ability to, as you put it, see patterns in meaningless figures. :)

10. [​IMG] STR 10/i suck but i like to whack stupid people and my best friend
    DEX 6/i wouldnt dodge even a 1km/h bus i think
    CON 12/im sick like some 3 times in a year
    INT 9/ i just cant talk myself out of troubles
    WIS 10/ im an average school hating 11 year old
    CHA 9/ im just too babbling
    I think myself as a courageus, hot tempered dumb little paladin.

Bye bye and may Helm bless you

11. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I will stubbornly defend my right to call 8 average in 2nd edition d&d

Strenght; 10
    Dex; 13
    Con; 10
    Int; 10 (though I just did that freaking Mensa thing and scored 27 out of 30. :p Ramses)
    Wis; 8
    Cha; 16

Special ability;
    Make a fool out of myself once a day.

Dire Charm on women (if I am desturbed under spellcasting I have);

Endure female ranting for 1d6 hours. :D

12. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31

What kind of bonuses do you get for being under the influence of alcohol?

13. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

10 feels to be more average. I doubt most people would be in the single digits. I mean look at Minsc in BG for example.

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Depends on your Constitution... For Contitution of 14, you get -1 on Dexterity per one liter of beer for example.... Also your speed lowers a bit...

15. Imoen has an intelligence of 17, and she can't even see that everyone is really annoyed by her. 17 is supposed to be beyond genius level, I mean come on! Imoen is not a genius!

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited January 15, 2002).]

16. ArchAngel Guest

I agree Sir Yerril! The abnormal high attributes in CRPG is really disruption the definitions which are in the books that made them. :book:

The pen and player characters in the roleplaying club I was chairman of were happy if their character just got one 16. Those were the days. *sigh* :sosad:

17. I thank thee for thine acknowledgement ;)

18. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

Imoen may seem a bit child like at times, but she really is smart. She's happy with who she is and she doesn't care what other people think of her. Many people might think intelligence and things like happiness and fun do not mix but Imoen is proof to the contrary.

19. Lukki Gems: 5/31

Veteran

str 10
    dex 12
    con 14
    int 16 (math has always been my strong point)
    wis 10 (wisdom is only possessed by the learned)
    char 7

Alignment: Lawful good
    Fighter, some thieving skills.. and knowledge on spells.

EDIT: Some adjustment to my str.. too high I guess. Added alignment and made some other adjustments.

[This message has been edited by Lukki (edited January 28, 2002).]

20. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Str:13(Play lots of sports, work out daily)
    Dex:14(Fast reflexes, okay dart player)
    Con:13(Not invincible, but can go a while without sleep and take blows)
    Int:13(smart, but not Einstein)
    Wis:8(rather imprudent at times)
    Cha:14(not handsome, not ugly, convincing at some times, despite protests to the contrary)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.