1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fight Club!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ark, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Any of you guys here are gangsters or involved in gangwars or had your share of fights with gangs?

[ November 01, 2002, 00:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :rolleyes: Sure. I drink a bucket of blood every morning when I get up and I'm in a really silly mood when I can't kill anyone before breakfast. :rolleyes:

3. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Hehheh. Sarcasm, the most intelligent form of humour. :D

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Or sarcasm is the most lazy form of humour, ;)

As a kid, the most violent I ever did was to wrestle a little with friends. Nothing organized. The gangs I am in now are more quit than that. Perhaps we should pick a random fight. Just to spice up the adrenalin.

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hey, Rags, did you get the Noob's head I put in your bed?

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Ark, do you really think that someone who lives in the ghetto and is in a gang can afford a computer? Buys a computer? Spends time on the internet? Goes to a site that is devoted to D&D CRPG's?

I don't think so.

7. Ark Gems: 4/31

Well, who knows.You know that rich kids can be gangsters too.

8. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] One of my mates always used to do wrestling among friends. But, his doctor said that if he gets one more head injury he'll be lucky to make it to his 24th birthday (which is in 3 years time).

This is a guy who got mad one day and headbutted a solid brick wall and left a dent in it. Oops.

I never trust my mates when they ask if they can do a wrestling move on me. I've seen so many of those spontanious events nearly turn very sour (as in, people nearly getting dropped vertically on their heads). I'm always up for a bit of fun, but not if it means i might not be able to walk afterwards.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've been in a lot of fights, but those were MartialArts Matches with rules and all. I have this tendency to avoid pointless violence when possible. You know, the whole martial arts spirit and all.

I'm not afraid to use violence, but I will do it only when needed in defense of myself or someone else. No sense in fighting with someone because he has a different group of people he 'hangs' with.

10. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG]
    Right. We're too busy smoking crack and holding up liquor shops.

11. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I remember when I was younger, the neighborhood kids would always divide and have "wars" We would be serious. One kid would tick off another and the kids would split up based on who agreed with who. We'd usually end up planning these elaborate "battle plans"! It was actually pretty funny how far we'd go in the planning. I remember one time, we cut branches from a tree and sharpened them on the sidewalk making spears and arrows. We'd set up traps.
    But it never really progressed further than the two sides facing off on the sidewalk yelling back and forth who's dad was the strongest, etc.
    Usually a week later, we'd all be in someone's back yard playing baseball.
    The best "wars" were when we tauted the grouchy old neighbor who destroyed our fort once.
    One neighbor called the cops on us because we threw stones at her kids. That was funny!

12. Ark Gems: 4/31

gaah, for Masihi's sake FINE!!! Anyone here involved in fights!? Are you happy?!

13. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been involved in many fights.
    I live in finland, now someone thinks that Finland is a small and safe place to live, it used to be, few years back. But nowadays here are gangs and crimes aswell as in USA.
    I know many criminals and drug dealers in my area, its not like i want to know them but, thats the way it is, so when you got friends like that sometimes you get in situations where you got to fight. :(

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Wow, stereotyping is a BEAUTIFUL thing, is it not, boys and girls??

Oh yeah, I used to get beat up a lot when I was a kid - but then I had my growth spurt. HEH HEH HEH

It is amazing what a childhood full of sly avoidance of really painful punches/kicks/grabs/etc. will do for you when you get older and bigger! Not only can you hit back, but you have already learned how to dodge them (or take a really painful smash in the head - pick one!)

[ November 07, 2002, 16:45: Message edited by: Falstaff ]

15. Mesmero

Maybe I was a bit over reacting with that people living in a ghetto wouldn't visit internet. But I don't think they would visit a site dedicated to D&D. Have you ever seen a gangsta playing D&D with his geeky friends Melvin, Ringo and John, after which he goes back to the hood to his gang and beat up some other gang for looking at them wrong?

16. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Silverblade

How do you define "gansta"?
    If you mean people who live in poor area and does crimes, i've seen them playing D&D games, why do you think they steal computers :D ?But for real they arent all bad. Gansters have also interests and hobbys, they are also humans.
    Its not like they want to be Gansters and beat up people, its just how you survive in there.
    Trust me, i know
    Of course there are people who want to do that, but there are also people who dont want to do that, so stop stereotyping. Have you ever even seen a ganster or been in a ghetto, i doubt it. :mad:

17. Mesmero

Nope, I've never been in a ghetto, and I wouldn't want to go their. If I walk into some neighborhoods in for example New York I will be shot. Why? I don't know, maybe because I'm white? Those people who hang around in the streets looking for trouble, those who are in gangs, walking around with knives and guns in their pockets, those are gangsters. I don't see them playing D&D anytime soon.

I know that nowadays, people who listen to rap music and who dress in a certain way are also sometimes called gangsters. I didn't mean them. They might act tough, but they aren't the killers like there are in the ghetto.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.