1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ezellohar Shark, Dec 28, 2001.

1. The subject says BG2 movie. I mean would that be cool if they make BG2 into a movie?
    I would like that.

Ezellohar Shark,little Anomen.loving pally with Carsomyr

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

You are nopt the first to suggest this here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000470.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000956.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001026.html

My opinion: I rather have a new movie where I don't know how the story will go. LoTR is an exception for the story is the best ever, but for the rest, I rather don't know how a movie will go.... Rather spend time, energy and money in a totally new movie... Let games be games and movies be movies... However I would be very happy when they would make a movie from Warcraft (for I don't know that story well)

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I suggest Peter Jackson makes a brand new splatter movie called "The Three Brothers" :D.

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

Well, the BG series certainly does have a very good story line. I think that if they did the movie well, i.e. nothing like the D&D movie, it could be cool.

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ergh. That D&D movie was so bad it gave me indigestion.

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

Oh, I just saw it on TV. Horrible, simply horrible. I still think Jeremy Irons would play a good Irenicus, if David Warner couldn't do it himself. They have to stop adding stupid little semi-funny things for kids into movies. Like the "Ewoks" in Return of the Jedi almost ruined it for me. If they made a movie, they should remove Minsc, he'd turn into another Jar-Jar Binks, the plot is just too deep for it.

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

BG movie. exellent idea but as you know its going to be like the D&D movie and be silly because it would be too good of a movie if they made it RIGHT! Argh, anyway we can always hope

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

So what about he cast?

I vote for Jennifer Aniston as Jaheira (they both complain too much) and Alicia Silverstone as Aerie. That girl from Buffy the Vampire Slayer looks exactly like Imoen... Arnold Schwartzenecker plays Minsc (he only has to shave his head bald)

9. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Liv Tyler as Viconia, mmmmmmmmmm ;)

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Headbanger, that wouldn't be too much of a problem for old Arny since I belive he shaved his head before when playing "Mr.Frost" in some batman movie. Or was that plaster? :D

11. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

Drew Barrymore for Nalia. Maybe Alan Rickman for Edwin (picture him as a longer haired Sheriff of Nottingham, from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves), and Chow Yun Fat for Yoshimo. Who would Play the main role? How would they work all the NPC's into the story? I think, for the drama of it, the main char should be the holiest kind of paladin fighting his demonic side, and coping with his/her duality.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Austin Powers as Anomen?

13. Lord Sarevok Guest

Who would play Irenicus? My canadites so far are:

1. Jeremey Irons

2. Kenneth Branagh

3. David Warner(himself ;))

All three of these actors have done fantasty productions. Jeremy Irons was in Dungeons and Dragons, Kenneth Branagh is going to star in the next Harry Potter movie, and David Warner did the voice of Irenicus for all of those who didn't already know. All three of them are english too, so we don't have to worry about any shitty accents :).

On a side note, doesn't it look like they tried to make Irenicus's apperance fit David Warner's voice?

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 10, 2002).]

14. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Yeah, but Irons was at his overacting worst in the D&D movie. It was painful to watch an otherwise good actor mouth his lines like that. He spoke like he was chewing his face! I wouldn't want to see him ruin the evil glory of Irenicus. :o :rolleyes::nolike::shame:

15. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"Drew Barrymore for Nalia. Maybe Alan Rickman for Edwin (picture him as a longer haired Sheriff of Nottingham, from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves), and Chow Yun Fat for Yoshimo" "Jennifer Aniston as Jaheira (they both complain too much)" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer " "Mike Meyers"

WOW! Right on! Straight across the board, too. I think David Warner would play a good Irenicus. He's "Evil Incarnate" (i.e. uses Shadowkeeper to cheat too).

"Liv Tyler as Viconia"
    Ummm...not everybody whack me at the same time here, but 'who's Liv Tyler?' And can she do a really seductive semi-Britt accent?

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

ejsmith ... Liv Tyler is the daughter of the Aerosmith front man! She also starred in Armagedon (as the girl Ben Afflect played with animal crackers upon). Never heard her try an accent ... but it wouldn't be too bad.

Lord Saravok ... Arnold never played a character named "plaster" ;)

ALL: I was actually thinking that a broadway muscial would be better. It could be called "Down and Out in Bhaal's-Ville" and have Donny Osmand or Lyonel Richie play the whelp from Candledeep.

Just imagine Minsc's beritone voice echoing, "Sword blades, arrow heads and soft fuzzy hamsters ... armor and fighting and goblins getting killed ... little orcs all tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things"

Or Vic singing in a sultry alto, "Lets party in my Underdark .... lets get drow-ish tonight..."

It would win several Tony's!!!

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Liv Tyler is Arwen in Lord of the Rings, she is starring in the clips Crazy, by Aerosmith... and indeed also plays in Armageddon.. she is a hot thing :)

18. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

One comment, Liv Taylor is a very lucky girl that she doesnt look more like her dad *giggle*

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Lol... Steve is indeed not mother's most beautiful child... and his mouth is waaaayyyyy to big :)

20. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The main character would be a fighter mage who in dire moments accidently unleashes his Godly powers in rightous fury. Tortured by the memory of his foster father he seeks to redeam himself for his cowerdince in Gorion's time of need. He wants Vengence!:flaming:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.