1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: RPGs Black Isle should make

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hooligan_inc, Aug 5, 2000.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yes the Hooligan man's idea is cool. The Scottish fans' special ability would be charm gorgeous police women. But that's a different story... And it's football not soccer!!!!!And I find it very boring to watch, so boring I only ever play it these days. And it's the sport with the most violence associated with it.
    Remember, football, not soccer. And the sport Americans call football is rugby for people who're afraid to get hurt. All that bloody armour indeed!

2. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Testify!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Wingfoot Guest

yea Vermillion, when you make 1.5 million dollars a year, a hang nial can side line you for the season.

4. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

for hooligans idea, u'de have to have "turkish Fans", +1 backstabbing, and +1 vs English fans, right?

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

I take it you mean nail. Okay, in case you haven't noticed I occasionaly like winding people up. Although why is American football called football? The ball's hardly ever touched by a players foot.

6. Wingfoot Guest

yeah i mean nail, thanks. the only thing that comes to mind is this; the only way to begin an "American Football" game is to have a kickoff, one team Kicks the ball to the other.
    what i want to know is why Americans refer to football as soccer.

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've been thinking for some time now about a game involving one board.

Sounds boring now, don't it?

However, it would kind of be based on the Thief idea, and involve ideas from the Raymond Feist series. Imagine this, your in a thieves' guild, and you've got a city to plunder. The game would evolve as thievery would occur (set in modern day, fantasy, whatever). The more you thieved, the better you'd get at it, until you take control of the guild itself. If you survive that long.

It would take years to do this, design a full sized city, and the AI to accompany it.

I dunno, now that I write about it, it kinda sounds dumb.

8. Sapiryl, have you ever heard of PC games Thief (1 & 2) ? It's not exactly what you had in mind, but it would be a good start. Throw your ideas in and you have Thief 3. Unfortunately, the Developer (Looking Glass) went swirling down the spout recently. BUT the game is said to have some nice level editors, and some very cool user created levels. I'm not sure if it's detailed enough for you, since you seem to be talking about a "go anywhere, do anything" type game, but hey why not give it a shot.

9. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

BIS couldnt make a new rpg if it hit them in the face. All they did was use biowares engine. You apprentices arent that smart for people who post a 100 posts. BIOWARE RULES! And yes they did make BG, TOTSC, and they are the ones making the awesome game called BG2. All BIS was publish it.

10. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You know Wizard_IV, you're really beginning to piss me off. So shut up about us sucking or you being the master dragonslayer on a different board!

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Y'know Egg, I've got a friend called Mr. Clubby we might want to introduce that guy to....
    He lives up to his name....

12. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I apologize, I did mention the game "Thief", but not in a way that could easily be noticed. Sorry "Thief" fans, but I did not enjoy the games. I liked the concept, but they just weren't my type.

My least favorite game is "Alpha Centauri".
    Way too steep.

13. Mox Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yeah *wizard* how the hell u showed up again pissing people off? hehe coz the sorcerer himself cut short the thread eh?(in the BG2 section i think) were all mature people here and we expect each and evryone to treat all the rest as such, including you.

hey, is that a fireball forming up in ur hand? hehe have a nyc day!

14. herf Guest

[​IMG] or even instead of Drizzt you could have Rinaldo with Golden Football Boots of Leg Breaking +5vs any team lead by Sir Alex Ferguson +2to any English Player.

15. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Seriously, I think a good one would be in the forgotten realms where you are the elminster and go through life becoming a really powerful mage, no party members and less creation options, have it like torment, where you don't decide what you are, but you can change status SLIGHTLY at points in the game to make you more fighter/theif/mage/toilet cleaner but always leads to being an all powerful mage, each chapter is a (loosely) continious story and sometimes skips a few years and points towards 1 final task to complete it and you turn into the old guy with the stupid hat, that would be cool, have the entire of Faerûn to travel in, and see the beggining of some major things and meet people who would be alive in the life of elminster (like balduran i think would of been) and see the begginings of empires and stuff like that (amn) going all the way through until at the end you meet the people you are in the BG games.

-Sep

16. herf Guest

ummm..........no

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 12, 2000).]

17. Sol'Kanar Guest

I still think the one about the hooligans was good...

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Maybe one starring Boo...Minsc and Dynaheir can be NPCs.

19. ObLiViOn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would like to see like a futurastic RPG like Deus Ex

20. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hmmm....

I know there are differences between the English that is spoken througout the U.K. The differences are even more pronounced in American areas.(Canada, US)

I'm just wondering, what does the term 'soccer' mean in the U.K.? And what do you call the American game that involves the ole pigskin?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.