1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Blondes?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Teensabre, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, I'm blonde by nature, and I dye my hair bright red. I decided to do so simply because I thought my pale eyes, skin and hair made me look washed out. I chose red because I was a redhead as a toddler.
    I now have the highest paid job I have held so far. While I was never put down or obviously treated different before I started dying my hair, I began to notice tha t afterwards, people would more often spontaneously ask me jobs related questions and seek advice.
    Now, this is a purely subjective observation, but it does lead me to believe that those studies aren't mere hogwash...

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    To be OT, but in my experience the nerds and punk rockers I know get along pretty well... I think one of our school admins is one...

Back to topic: Did you know that a person with blond hair is just a blond, to be a blonde you also need blue eyes?

Anyways, I think that being blonde can definitely hinder one's chances in life... anyone remember a movie called Earth Girls are Easy? The beach scene?

Ara
    (having used all witticsms for the next few decades...)

3. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

As far as the blonde in the study, did the drapes match the carpeting? Seriously.
    Arabwel is right about the blue eyes too. At least that's what JCDenton told me.

4. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There aren't any blondes in my country. The only blondes that I see are either dyed or foreigners so that makes me unsuitable for this poll. But... since I love you all, I'll do it anyway! :D

5. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't think that hair color, natural or not, makes difference for being smart or stupid in any way!

6. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Simply to address Intentioner and Arabwel (see above... no higher, no waaay back there... yeah. that's the stuff.)

Nerds don't hate punk rockers. In fact, there is the existence of such a thing as a nerdpunk. Ever been to a Ska show? The part that is confusing ot me is the hippiegoth. I mean, if it's a jekyll and hyde thing, I'm totally down, but if not it's just confusing, like a monkey wearing a cowboy hat.

On topic: I've never been attracted to any blondes- only brunettes. My girlfriend streaked her hair blonde once, but she was still a brunette, so I can't say I've had much experience hanging out with blondes. From what I've seen, however (and this may be attributed to the fact that I am from the all too infamous blonde valley girl headquarters, southern california) many blondes are not naturally stupid but view themselves as more attractive than other females and flaunt their hair (and moreso, themselves) in order to attract men. Essentially, to everyone else, they look like flirtatious pieces of paper blowing in the wind. Not to say the hair MAKES them stupid, but they choose to be so as to get the most out of the misconceptions of hair color.
    (i.e. blondes have more fun)

Just my observation.

Amon-Ra

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Heheh, I'm blonde, and guess what? Us blondes aren't bumb!

8. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Not Tones head it is wery attractive when the winds blowing troug her nice long blond hair Keraptisdm! :p

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I used to be a white blonde, then I went strawberry-blonde, then normal-blonde, then dark-blonde now I'm sort of blonde-brown - or I'm going grey already...

10. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

[​IMG]
    Well Tone is a very special woman, JC, being the exception, not the rule. I know one other blonde girl that is not an airhead. She was smart enough not to date ME! :D

11. Oblate Gems: 6/31

Like Stefanina:
    When i was 17 years old and blonde i met an Israeli who told me he had to hate me because of my being blonde (blue eyes and all). But that wasn't the reason why i changed the colour of my hair. It looks better.

12. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] My hair is brown (I prefer chesnut) but I do have a few grey ones already. Does that count as partially blonde?

My wife is blonde and she is smarter than me - she has her masters degree and I only have a bachelors.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    To clarify, Amon-Ra: Not at the same time. There are days, like today, when I walk around dresed all in black, listen to goth music and am all gothy and the like, because I feel like it. And tomorrow? Who knows? O might wake up and dress in bright colors, wear sunflowers pinned to my clothes and listen to the Beatles... and the like.

Back to topic...

Hmm... I can't come up with anything on-topic... sorry.

Ara
    (Tired and hating life)

14. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I went out with someone who dressed goth one day, hippie the nest, punk the next, camoflage girl the next. She was a complete head spin. And she had some mental issues going on.

I know people say that people who do self harm do it for their own reasons but this girl did it so that the next day she could come into college and show her mates and go, 'look what i did last night'. Complete attention freak. And for some reason i still decided to start going out with her. Dammit, i hate rash judgement.

And before you say anything in return, No, i'm not trying to make a link between dressing different each day and being a complete head nut. ;) . I couldnt do that coz i dress in kind of skate clothes some days, and all in black, kinda gothy other days (no, not makeup, i'm a guy, that doesnt do anything for my looks :D ). And then i wear shirt and tie for work (dammit i hate shirt and tie, especially when i forget to put my trousers on. Arrgghh, did i just say that?)

[ October 10, 2002, 12:34: Message edited by: The Intentioner of the Dammed ]

15. Arabwel

Media:
    At this point I must point out that I currently reside in a psych ward. :p

And no, I am not kidding.

And yes, I have misused sharp objects in relation to my appendages.

I hate attention so Iam not seeking it...

But back to the topic:

The person I hate most in the universe, the person I want dead so much that if I could I'd gut her to death is a... bottle-blonde. She is an airhead, has no brains... I hate her.

Perhaps it's all the peroxide in the dye that causes their brain to corrode?

Ara
    (Whatever...)

16. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Good call Ara. Just the smell of peroxide makes my nostrils corrode, so a similar effect must happen to the brain. :p

17. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't hate blondes, i'm not a stereotype either, but my boyfriend has just cheated on me for a blonde :cry:

She was my FRIEND!

Teeny
    (Crying all over the keyboard...)

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Oh, you poor thing....

/me hugs Teeny

There.... Go get yourself some chocolate... I know it is a cliche, but it helps.... endorfine and all...

Ara
    (Having a very low opinion of the entire male species right now)

19. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Aaah, thank you Arabwel...

(me hugs Arabwel too)

Yep, I got some chocolate, and because I'm not blonde I still feel baaad... :cry:

Maybe I should dye my hair?

20. Arabwel

Media:
    Don't do that. Don't ruin your hair for some guy.. If he is foolish enough to cheat on you, he's not worth it.

Ara
    (*blink*)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.