1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why are men drawn to a woman's breasts?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, May 1, 2003.

1. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ok, I will take a chance of being flamed here.

Could it be because they are highly visible, and many women like to show them off? Just don't be too obvious in your admiration, or they may get angry! :rolleyes:

That said, I have found many other parts of women extremely attractive. A woman with a nice body can accentuate an area with jewelry, clothing or a tasteful tattoo and make it very attractive. Tummies, ankles, lower back, neck, shoulders, whatever! I even instantly fell in love (ok LUST!) with a woman because she had the most incredible blue eyes. My nickname for her was even "Pretty Eyes". Sounds dumb, but she thought it was wonderful.

I think our lust for breasts is partially biological, but a lot of it is social. :cool:

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think, that's because society is made by mammals.

3. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

HEY!!! Men aren't the only ones who like a good set of boobs! :)

I don't know about all the sciencey stuff (it is rather hard to prove or disprove), but my own personal opinion is that because they are used during sex. And since they get used then, and they are so visible, and we are as a whole a highly sexual species, they get noticed.

As Darkwolf noted, many of us like to display them one way or another. And if they are prominately displayed, they get noticed.

The one thing that can blow my whole theory out of the water is that in the 20's, breasts were not so desirable. Look at all the 'attractive'
    women from then. The flat-chested far exceeded that not so flat-chested. So, is it conditioning/exposure (no pun intended) that drives it? Maybe. Since breasts were not 'featured' then and they were not desired, and the are 'featured' now AND they are desired, maybe that is all there is to it. Who can really say for sure.

I still think it is the 'obvious sex toy' idea of mine, but thats just me.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I partially agree with Ejsmith and Darkwolf.

It is however impossible to have a social drive without actual cause of biological or mental nature. So, the true beginning reason is lost and the socially spurred ;) drive lasts. Men are supposed to go for breasts, so women expose them (and don't you try to deny because it's pointless) or make them attract attention in some other way - just see how clothing is designed.

Apart from that, breasts constitute a relatively large part of chest, visible from the front and different to its male counterpart - that's reason enough. However, at this level they only lead, but don't overwhelm. What makes them so particularly attractive in men's eyes is the taboo around them. If for example next season brought a major topless fad, breasts' relative attractivity would drop significantly.

That's one thing. The other one, size, is typically biological. Generally the lower a man is on the ladder of social status and education, the bigger breasts he likes - with unnumerous exceptions. Also most teenage boys are driven to extremely large ones.

Heh, but if someone wants my opinion, the only two things I like large in woman's body are eyes. The bigger the better to look at oneself in :)
    Ah, and of course *really* long fingers... But I'm fairly non-standard ;)

5. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I never really thought about it that much detail. I'll just go with the majority and sufice to say that I just like them :D

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Boobs are just ... well ... sexy! Not amazingly big ones though ... and not fake ones either ... those turn me right off but apart from that, they're sexy ;)

I smell a bit of the old Sniper side in me still :D

7. Woody Woodrow Banned

Breasts are just nice. They're like pillows.

On a side note I got flashed at the Bad Religion show last night.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :holy: Hmm, perhaps because it's a great place to be - hospitable, warm, soft, comfy - and interesting in general, inviting for exploration (ie kissing, fondling, stroking, nose-pushing (like a seal would do) etc etc .... ) ;)

9. outputrotation Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

nice round boobs are a sign of health, and fertility. We naturally want to choose partners who are healthier so that our offspring have a better chance of surviving. its in our genetics =]

10. chevalier

Media:
    Thankfully those genetics aren't invincible :rolleyes:

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Shouldn't this be in the Alley? :confused:

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

*strangles MoN*

*resurrects MoN*

And all women don't like to show them off or what the 'bleep'. I am actually ashamed of mine. Grr. I hate having breasts bigger than normal. Drat. Grr.

I'd whack the guy, if he was staring at my breasts. Really. I'd dare to do it. :D

(Karl, don't take this crap seriously. I know, you're a guy, BUT DON'T TAKE MY CRAP SERIOUSLY.)

13. chevalier

Media:
    It's very much like how a woman's brain works: expose them and act like a holy virgin martyr once a man looks anywhere below her face :rolleyes: It's so childish and immature. In psychology it's sometimes called rape game. Heh, I'm not so much into games. Well, unless a good piece of roleplaying ;)

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I try not to look at them too obvious, but i can't. I'm weak. :D

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This is a seriously worrying topic :grin:

but what's funniest is at our school the REALLY tall girls and the male teachers who have to discipline themselves to look up at the pupils face and not straight forward :lol:

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

*Measures Eze from head to toe*

"Nothing special there, but I can still take you to the joy ride, if you wish. ;) "
    --West Coast, said by *someone* (which I can´t remember)

*Below* Really, I´m J/K! :rolleyes: Matheitas, everything is relative; to some 14-years old raisins might be "big."

[ May 05, 2003, 13:26: Message edited by: Virne ]

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Virne ... don't you think propositions like that should be taken care of in PM's? ;) (Virne, I knew you were kidding ... just joking back)

Eze, if you need someone to beat off all the young men now interested in you because of your "my anatomy is annoying proportioned" comment, let me know. I have a +5 holy sword, +10 vs. horney pagans :good:

Oh, and Shell ...
    I hope no one is taking this thread THAT seriously.

[ May 08, 2003, 18:10: Message edited by: Mathetais ]

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Breasts are socialized as being somewhat taboo in our culture. Other pieces of the anatomy can be similarly socialized -- I have heard that in some South American locations, Butts are the big thing. In China, it's small feet, which lead to all that foot-breaking business. In some African cultures, it's long necks, so we get the ladies altering their necks with those rings until those necks are super long. It all depends on what a culture decides is sensual at the moment.

Take skin tone. For the longest time, a pale girl was what a man wanted. Why? It meant her family was rich enough for her to be able to stay inside and do "womanly" things; she did not have to work outside. The same thing went for being plump -- it meant her family could feed her well and that she didn't have to do much manual labour. Nowadays, pale is out and tans are in, as our economic focii have changed. We also want toned women, not plump ones. It just changed.

My wife tells me that for the first year we knew each other I had a hard time maintaining eye contact :D

19. chevalier

Media:
    Well, of course you should work on self control, discipline and general holiness :holy: , but:

Disclaimer: We're not speaking about convinient outfit or just some one or two buttons undone to breathe more easily, but typically revealing outfit ;)

So: if they are intentionaly exposed so much as to attract men's sight, you do exactly what the girl/woman wants to achieve. Period. If she starts complaining about all those man looking, then she has personality/attitude problems. Period. Of course unless you're a typical horny animal that just can't behave - as for example there's much difference between looking at and looking into ;) .

@Mathetais: you surely have 18 dexterity if you're still alive playing with *that* kind of holy sword :shake:

20. Iago Gems: 24/31

If women would not like men to admire their features, a whole fashion industry, which is aimed at producing clothes to put the visiual advantages of women in the spotlight would not exist.

Really, there's nothing more annoying, than to hear a woman say, oh, I have to buy me some summer clothes. We still have some time. Let's enter the shop............ 3 hours
    later ..... Does it make me look fat ? Is it do indecent ? Oh, so nice, but too expensive. Oh, this is just wonderfull, but have I the right belly to wear it ?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I mean, I like what they buy, but...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.