1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why are men drawn to a woman's breasts?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, May 1, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, my girlfriend asked me this question last night while we were...uhhh..."hanging out". But I got to thinking. Why are men so obsessed with boobs? Personally, I don't know. Do you?

Seriously...if it's looks, then why don't we get all big eyed when we see a woman's nose...or her feet? If it's how they feel, then why do the guys that have never felt one (or 2) ;) get all exited? If it's mental, then is homosexuality just a chemical imbalance? In the end I told her it was because a man's hands and eyes have minds of their own. :p :rolling:

[ May 01, 2003, 12:24: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Good one, but how long did it take you to answer? Too much thinking and she could think of you as a perv. Next time you 'hang out', tell her this. According to social psychology, it is because that we evolved to like them. Because her breasts are on her chest, it encourages face-to-face interaction, so we can look at her breasts. Because we have face-to-face interaction, we have developed language and our society. So, our entire social basis lies on womens' chests. If her breasts were on her back, we would just walk behind her and have a bit of a fondle, and we wouldn't have need to talk. Because we have a need to talk face-to-face, we need to have some sort of incentive to talk face-to-face. Blokes would not be talking to a women if the only incentive was that she had a nice nose. It's the breasts. They are round and soft, with a nipple, what is there NOT to like? There is some people that think it goes back to childhood when they were a food source, but if so, why don't women like them as much as we do. They are grouse. We can take a quick peek and appreciate the view. We realise that women notice it, but it should not incite some gross reaction, 'eww, this perv is checking out my rack', rather, she should take pride in the fact that her breasts have bettered society.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Social Conditioning.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I certainly hope you are talking about a generic "her" and not my g/f!!! :flaming: Only I get to do that! :o :rolling:

5. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I heard once that breasts evolved as a sort of buttock-substitute. When we went around on all fours, swung from trees etc., we like most other animals would sniff a female's bottom and would generally be attracted by a nice bottom (of course, we still are). When we started to walk upright it was less difficult for women to attract a mate with their bottoms, and so breasts became bigger to give a similar visual stimulus.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Boobs are nice. Yeah, boobs are nice. Why boobs are nice? Because boobs just are nice. Dot.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It all depends on how much of animal you are. The greater animal of you, the more you're attracted to breasts/buttocks and bigger ones.

8. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Biology. If we wouldn't like women and all their features, Adam wouldn't have fancied Eve and we'd all be gay. And would not exist.

Breasts proof that mother nature is perfect. Breasts themselves are perfect.

You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
    So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

9. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I like them when the nipples are hard...you get the point? they are wery nice to look at and they feed your baby when it is born i think that why we find them cool!! :)

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah Im with Yago, I think its science too. Some Chemical or some hardcore science explaination or just a simple one. But Who cares? Look at them. They are too mind boggling to make you think of an explantion. You "just" do.

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Two words:
    Reproduction
    Hormones

Two sentences:
    Although mankind likes to think them civilized, we cannot yet control the basic animal instincts, the will to reproduct and hence find mates. This is mainly driven by hormones triggered by certain features, like breasts, that are bullet proof.

one Rant:
    And on top of it, we are socially mainstreamed to adore them, and since it doesn't drive us *against* our instinct it only encourages us to glance and admire much more than they biologically ought to be looked at. :1eye:

[ May 01, 2003, 13:10: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Most men like breasts because they don't have them theirselves.
    For the same reason, women like intelligent men with a good sense of humor. :evil:

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    * Death Rabbit rolling with laughter from MoN's comment :lol: :roll: :D *

I tend to agree. If I had nice boobs, I'd never leave the house. :thumb:

But seriously, I tend to agree with the scientific/biological arguement moreso than the cultural conditioning one, though I think one is a product of the other to some extent. I'll reiterate what I posted in a seperate thread: On a primative level, we see large, fertile, productive breasts as a sign of an ideal 'mate.' This, combined with wide hips, sends a signal to our man-parts that suggests this is a mate that will produce strong, healthy children and will make a great mother to them. Men are just more visual when it comes to our instincts, whereas women are more intuitive. This does not apply to ALL men, but I daresay most.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I had this conversation with some collegues of mine who had an interesting view on things.

According to them it's because breasts look like cheeks of the butt. In the old days when man were but monkeys they did 'it' from behind and only saw the butt of their partner.

I didn't agree of course, I for one just think they are plain great.

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I too have heard that arguement and it kind of makes you wonder. I don't know how much stock I put into it, but I have to admit that strategically positioned cleavage does tend to look like a butt crack sometimes if you think about it...

16. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How can you not believe that breasts evolved after we started standing upright? It makes perfect sense.

Hmm, so i'm not supposed to go up to random chicks and put my nose up to their butts? Explains why they always slap me :D :shake:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heh, if we limit only to contemplating basic sexual instincts, asking why men are so much attracted to breasts is about as sensible as asking women why they are so sensitive there... :shake:

18. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I'm drawn to a smile long before boobs. I'd rather tham be overtly small, than overtly large. There's something kind of neat about a girl that can go running, without needing a bra.

They all grow to meet the demand, though. Breast feeding is tough work, yo.

19. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Because they are so different from their own. :hahaerr:

20. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I agree with Virne. And MoN, lol.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.