1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you own a Cell phone?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a motorola timeport...It's an older version, btu I like it a lot..!

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have one, but last I checked it was 5 hours away from me.

I had it in Calgary for a weekend and one night when I was drunk I knocked it out of the truck. My friends found it in front of their house.

My leash has been broken for a while now, it's kinda nice being able to go places with out people phoning you.

I have a friend who seems to be possesed by his phone he brings it everywhere. It's sad really. We were going to have an intervention for him, but then we smoked a bunch of weed and when he arrived we got caught up in playing Two Towers for Playstation 2.

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No, I don't. And let me tell you: for an Italian guy that's pretty strange (we have some sort of record here about cell phones owning...).
    I've tried to use it for a month something like 4 years ago, and I stopped before being completely enslaved by it.
    I will probably have to use it when I'll have a job, but now I'm enjoying my freedom... ;) :D

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ground lines are simply horrible and completely intolerable, I believe that within a few years from now, no one will use ground line phones at all any more. Cellular phones are the greatest gift of all time to modern communication in the human race... lol... I don't have a cell phone and I REALLY want one so could anyone reccomend me a cheap, affordable, and quality phone, if that combination is even posiible, :rolleyes: I'd like to hear from someone about it. Thanks in advance!

5. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mobiles are fairly useful, I gave in and got one when my GF went to uni a few years back.

Whet I will say though is that they have very much changed the language of a phonecall:

In the good old days you'd always start with: "How are you?" Now it's always: "Where are you?" ;)

Still my ex got a bit confused when she phoned me in the pub one day (On the pub land line, answered by the landlord) she asked me "where are you?" Well, bugger me with a plastic daffodil, but it should have been fairly obvious?

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've got Siemens A35, it SUCKS really bad!! I'll buy a new one when i get my paycheck...

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, as it turns out, my previous post on this topic was wrong. Apparently, my wife spent almost $300 (!!) on her phone. :flaming:
    Her funeral is tentatively planned for Friday, subject to me being able to come up with an alibi as to my whereabouts for the next few hours.

Edit: Upon reflection, it occurs to me that this last comment could be misinterpreted, in light of on-going world issues regarding spousal abuse. Of course, it was meant as a joke, albiet perhaps one in poor taste.

[ July 31, 2003, 04:53: Message edited by: Splunge ]

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't have one, and if someone offered me one I guess I'd go for it. Not too many people have trouble reaching me. I'm usually either home, or at my friends.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.