1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Girls?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Slith, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

How would one get a date, and once the date is in progress, what is the proper etiquette?

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] To get a date you need a girl.... And a beer. And a party. Then the proper etiquette is make her happy and cozy. And of course to have a strawberry flavor rubber ;)

3. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] LOL! A good advice ArchAngel, when did Yoda share that with you? :p :p

4. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Ok this concept might be negotiable since I After some guidance have come to the conclusion that peach flavor might be better :1eye:

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ya but what of those of us who are under age for drinking?

Side note* Peach flavor sents have been proven to trun females on ArchAngel;) Awile back their was a paper on it or something.

6. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Bleeeeeekch!!! Peach! Fake peach is of the devil.

Not all girls like peach. Some might like grape or watermelon. I'd much prefer strawberry. Vanilla would be yum too. :grin:

[This message has been edited by Damona Silvercloud (edited February 22, 2002).]

7. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] a large wooden club or flunitrazepamn :toofar:

8. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Hah condoms! how about withdrawel method.
    Although it's like going out to a meal with someone you love and leaving halfway through your food and then throwing up all over their stomach... ;)

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm ... first in order to get a date, you need courage to ask the would-be-date out

Second depending on her character suit yourself to the way she likes etc. but try to be natural.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Natural for me: Being shy and not being able to start any conversation. I cant flert for nothing. It's like some one toshed a wrentch in the gears. My brain just shuts down when I talk to a girl that I like. She's cute too. So I can only make conversation like how are you and ok thats nice things.

Any help on all aspects of girls would be nice. Manly from girls or women witch every you may be.

11. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well some quick advice. It's generaly not a good idea to refer to a women as a 'witch' (see above - the word you wanted was 'which' :)). One of my old girlfriends did look worringly like a witch in profile but she made up for it by being magic in other areas.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited February 23, 2002).]

12. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, some women don't mind being called witches. If we're Princess Bride fans, it gives us a chance to say, "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife! And after what you just said, I'm not sure I want to be that anymore!". (For those who haven't read it, Miracle Max the mad old wizard pretends his wife is a witch to impress the other wizards).

It's OK if your natural self is shy and awkward- you don't need to hide that on a date. If a woman doesn't like that, she's the wrong woman for you- there are lots that find it charming. Personally, I always loved the quiet geeky guys- they made such a refreshing change from the pushy guys who talk about themselves so much that they never let me get a word in edgewise on a date.

Do make an effort to let her know that you aren't being quiet because she's boring you, though. Smiling at her when she's talking is good. Asking her opinion is even better! Reading a newspaper before the date to be prepared to talk about movies, current events, whatever she might be interested in is a good way to have lots of conversation-starters handy for those awkward silences: especially if she's as shy as you are.

Date etiquette: It's tricky because women and men both get so much conflicting advice. Hundreds of books and magazine articles tell women to "play hard to get", act distant, and make the man pay for everything or he'll never want a second date. Common sense and more experienced women will tell them that nice men are usually scared off by this behaviour and being friendly and approachable is the key to forming a relationship. Feminism tells them if they don't pay for everything themselves, the man will drag them into a dark alley and rape them on the way home. So this is the difficult minefield you have to navigate- and believe me, it's as hard for the girl as it is for you.

Here is my recommended approach to resolving this problem, based on my own experience anyway (and I went on lots and lots of dates over 15 years before I found the guy I wanted to marry, so I hope my experience counts for something!):

- Make a gallant attempt to do things the old fashioned romantic way- pick her up at home, pay her way, and bring her flowers. If she looks worried and seems to really want to pay her own way, let her.

- Tell her when you are going to call, and always call when you say you will. So, at the end of a date, if you want to see her again, say "I'll call you on (name a day, NOT the next day or she'll think you're stalking her)". And then call her that day to ask her on the second date even if you are on your deathbed, or she'll never forgive you. If she's not home when you call, forgive her. She is following bad advice about playing hard to get and it really is a compliment to you, regardless of how it sems.

- Don't try to kiss her on a first date (unless you are 100% sure she wants you to- i.e. she has gotten drunk and confessed that she worships the ground you walk on. In this case, you can kiss her and even propose to her if you are so inclined. It worked for me! ;)) since it is just possible that she went out with you once because she wasn't sure if she was interested and wanted to give you a chance. On the other hand, definitely try to kiss her on the second date or she will think you just want to be friends.

By the time you're on the third date, you don't need any more advice. She wouldn't go on three dates with you if she didn't really like you. So keep doing what you're doing and good luck!

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As if it's that easy :rolleyes:.

14. Culurien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] As a girl, since you asked, I'd just like to second what Sprite said -- that was a useful post and all you guys would do well to memorize it. No, of course it's not always that easy, but it's a great basic framework. It sure worked on me: I've had a lot of dates over the years and am about to get married to a guy who does things 'the old fashioned way" :love: but was never pushy about it.

And if you're looking for fruit flavours rather than marriage, bringing her flowers and calling her when you say you'll call is probably still going to improve your chances. ;)

15. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] What I always do is I am naturally pretty outgoing maybe a little shy at first but heres my advice girls scence I'm a guy please tell me if u disagree with anything.

1 You have to have the guts to ask her out (remember don't just go ask her out because she looks good talk with her for a bit then if she seems cool then ask).

2 When you go out with her for the first time try something other than the movies.

3 You don't have too talk too her alot when your out like sprite said actual just sitting and listening shows you care about her but don't leave it all up to her to start the conversations.

4 I believe the two should of you should pay for your self but if you want to know her a good way is to offer to pay if she takes your offer right the first time she is probably pretty much either looking for your money or doesn't like you but don't just go by that.It's not true for all girls.

5 Don't try even kissing her during the date unless she is really talkitive too you and interested. Otherwise just stick with the hug.
    Thats about all I can think of and by the way thats a really good idia with the newspaper Sprite thanks.

16. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ive only learned three things in my years dateing girls, and Im still at the back of the pack.

Never ever use "the claw" as comic relife in a resturant, or other crowded place.

If she calls another guy in your hearing you are alowed to leave her on the spot. When her girlfriends come after you for being an insuferable pig, tell them why, and 9 times out of 10 they join your side, unless they knew of the other guy before hand, many sympathy dates, joyness abounds.

whatever else you do, you REALLY REALLY SHOULD TRY AND KISS HER ON THE THIRD DATE, if she pushes you away, shes not interestend in you. A relationship with her would be unfulfilling. I know this from personal experiance, and what my lady friends tell me.

Oh, and as a general rule, women DO prefer Strawberry flavored rubbers over grape.

17. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't think there is a general rule for when kissing is a appropriate... I don't think the guy should always be the one trying to kiss the girl, and I don't think that no kissing on the third date has to mean anything in particular, except that both persons may be a bit more cautious than your average dater.

18. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] not all girls are the same, though i hear that the majority prefer blue hands ;)

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

One of the biggest mistakes that us guys make is going completely on looks and figure. There are plenty of great looking girls on my campus, but the majority of them are complete witches or sorority members. (I know quite a few nice sorority girls, so that's not a universal statement however...)

Once you find a girl who you think you could enjoy the rest of your life with, or whatever, the best thing to do is find out if your compatible. The first date should be kept listening and asking specific relevent questions. Going to the movies is not a bad idea, but make sure that the movie is what she wants. In fact, let her suggest one before you make a decision.

My experience is that any girl willing to go all the way within a month of dating is not a good choice. May seem like a long time while seeing her, but it will probably save you a lot of heartache in the long run. Vice versa, if all you're looking for is a willing female...you are probably going to live you life as a very unhappy and unfulfilled person.

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm not so sure on the 'no sex for the first month' thing. But, if you don't know how to judge a woman's character and disposition yet, it's probably a good guideline to follow.

I've actually heard numbers up to 6 months...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.