1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] What's everyone's opinion on the second HP film? I myslef think it to be far superior to the first attempt, the animation this time round is superb with everything from the Spiders to Dobby freaking me out :D . Could have done with more Quidditch and maybe a longer Dueling scene though... I think I might go and see it again.

2. Apothetai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Harry Potter... well, I have seen neither movie, and read none of the books. My opinion on the second is the same as my opinion on the first and all the books. Harry Potter is an example of what we get when an Englishman studies Japanese marketing strategy. A slightly less fubar version of Pokemon that will die the death all fads die sooner or later.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well said. I'm going to see it tomorrow so I won't offer an opinion yet, I'll just say that the first movie sucked

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Apothetai, your opinion lack considerable fact. I've only seen the movies, and plan to read the books. Everyone I've talked who read says they're good.

As for the second movie, I think it's awesome :) But still.. it's only a pretaste for the great thing on 18 december :D

5. silent_elf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

its all horse ****,the first film was bollocks and the second was probably bollocks as well,bollocks for everyone

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Andrew... you're an illiterate ass. J/K :) I know Harry Potter has been ruined by all the merchandising, but the books really are excellent. And you're judging a film you've never seen.

[ December 02, 2002, 17:50: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've seen a making of document (partially), and when I saw Lucius, I fell on my knees and started drooling.

I can't wait seeing the film.

I am going to die watching it.

Severus Snape.

Lucius Malfoy.

/me is going to die of sheer awe

Oh, and after accidentally seeing an episode of Ally McBeal in which we find out that the girl whom to John (?) lost his virginity to switched sexes into a guy looked a LOT like Lockhart, I am going to have loads of fun.

Ara
    (Going to drown in drool....)

8. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

THANK YOU. Thank you. I am extremely pleased that I am not the only person who went to go see the first movie simply because Alan Rickman is simply a delicious man. Urgh. And I'm taking my little cousin to see the second, and yes, I thoroughly prepared to drool over Lucious Malfoy. I've always like those dark characters. Actually, I really enjoyed the books, and while I don't think the movie is necessarily botching them, I think it's leaving out important parts, and then still expecting the story to flow properly. Well, they're still popular enough. We'll see what happens.
    ALSO: Did anyone realize exactly how much work Alan Rickman (Prof. Snape) has done? He's like a jack rabbit of the theater world!

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to say that I found the second movie to be worse than the first. For some reason it is...dull is the best word I can find. It has no tempo, even the supposedly actionfilled and scary sequences just filled me with boredom. I think they have extended the action scenes in the movie compared to what they were in the book and not for the better. I have to admit to reading the books now and more or less liking them even if it would have been nice if Rowling had used different stories for the books and not only used the same mold four times with slight variations but as I said, they are entertaining. And the book had pace, you were always anxious to find out what was going to happen, I atleast wasnt that in the movie I was mostly bored and I saw the movie before I read the book.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think I sense some slash coming on :rolleyes: Now that I've seen the movie I would say that it is good, made better by the fact that almost every character in it could be somehow related to Barrett, especially Dobby and the mandrakes :) .
    I agree, too much merchendise, but thats to be expected by things such as this.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Merchandise should not effect your view of a movie. When you are in a theatre watching a movie, there is no merchandise, only the movie, and that's what counts.

Chamber of Secrets was good considering it's my least favorite of the books. But putting the books aside, on a whole Sorcerer's Stone is a better movie. But Chamber of Secrets has its moments.

The next one is the one I have been waiting for since I heard they were making HP.

12. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I like this one alot better than The Phlosopher's Stone, but I agree about the book, it's me least fave too.

13. Penta Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, I loved the books and the movies have amazed me so far. Great typecasting, especially with Hermione/Snape/Draco Malfoy. Excellent.
    Although this movie could have done with more *normal* quidditch, I think the chase off the field was just a bit overdone...

14. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I never liked Harry Potter, even before I'd read or watched anything. It just bothered me from the beginning. The word muggle makes me want to strangle a 12 year old. The plot was lame. The thing with the pheonix in the second movie bothered me the most. How friggin' convenient that was.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.