1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Colours and Personality?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ooooh! Hi BOC...The fall of Constantinople (Konstandinoupoli latin-alphabetized)? Do they really? I avoid priests...lol. That's taking it a bit too far...the place is called Istanbul nowadays :p

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Are women's black lingerie moarning?

3. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think my clothes are like this..
    35% black
    35% green
    10% blue
    20% other
    0% pink !!!

I like to wear dark clothes. Much black when I am depressed and dark green when I am neutral. I also have alot of black makeup whenever I am not happy. When I am happy I use red, which aint so often. Never ever gonna wear pink clothes or anything else thats pink. :/

Btw, the colors black and purple are the colors of a true goth. Read it in one of those girly-mags in school...
    Hey, don't look at me like that! The computers were already taken.

4. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sooooo...... if i like black that means i have a dark personality or mourn or shy or blah blah. Well i would have to disagree because i'm not any of those above hehe :) I just think black fits in everywhere and people are used to it.

5. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I often wear a black t-shirt and blue jeans...Sometimes I wear yellow t-shirts...
    My favorite colours are Green and Black.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Grey: Happy
    Black: Sad
    Red: Bloodthirsty
    White: Shy
    Blue: Angry

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The reason I believe many wear all black is because they're so insecure that they think that only their clothes (and perhaps accessories) can make them look "cool", intimidating, mysterious, etc. And when I say this I mean wearing all black even when it's summer, and when you're in a casual place, and life is going normally at the moment.

My wardrobe has all the colors of the rainbow. As well as white and black and grey. (Yes, I have a pink shirt, and yes, perhaps that means I'm insecure as well.)

[ October 13, 2002, 02:59: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

8. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31

Maybe I'm just color blind, because I don't dress in colors that reflect my mood. But I do think that dark and dull colors mean things like that, example:

black= dark, depressing, foul, wicked, evil, demonic, etc.
    gray= bleak, indecissive, so-so, not so good, not so bad
    white=light feeling, euphoric,happy, bright(makes me sick)
    rainbow colors(blue, green, red, yellow, etc.)= depends on the shade darker means darker, brighter means brighter

Somehow I managed to confuse myself, this happens quite a bit, hope you all understand what I'm saying.

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I don't wear any colour for a particular occasion. I used to wear black a lot, but since a few years I've switched to all sorts of colours. I often wear black pants and I have one black shirt. I have a lot of white clothing and a lot of dark blue. But my two favorite shirts are light blue and white. I dislike and don't have any yellow, red, green, pink, purple clothing.

In the morning I just look at what's in my closet and what goes together. I don't really think of the mood I'm in.

10. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Nice to see my problems aren't being ignored. :bigeyes: :p

That probably is it, actually. Although today I am actually wearing blue, grey and grey. :p Take that!

11. Fizity Gems: 2/31

The shirt I'm wearing now is rainbow colored, and I'm a big fan of colorful things. Usually I wear blue (any shade except that damnable bright baby blue), grey, red or white.

Black? Absorbs energy. White? Reflects it. Don't know what you get from that :D ;)

12. Turandil Gems: 7/31

Gah! Please! Colours don't reflect personality, a person wearing black doesn't have to be evil.
    Iam wearing whats fits me, and thats most colours, though I prefere black and yellow on shirts...And blue jeans, white underware...

I think black is a beautiful colour like the night, I also like green, like the forest....

This reminds me of the conversation about colours between Galavery, Jaheira and <CHARNAME> :)

13. Fizity Gems: 2/31

Heh, maybe we should be judging people on the color of their underwear. I'm wearing boxers (yes, boxers!) that I stole from my cousin. They have colored smilie faces :D

14. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I wear light colored shirts when the weather is hot and dark color when cold. But I tend to have a lot of pastel colored shirts, like khaki, white, light pink, grey, light brown, light blue, etc. I prefer dark colored jackets such as black and army fatigue (olive green).

Being of Chinese decend, I tend to avoid red (except on special occasions)... why, because you solicite a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" mock/joke greetings. In China, traditionally, wearing all white symbolizes mourning. While red and gold symbolizes happiness.

Here in the Philippines, we wear all black for mourning. But times is changing, all white is also used for such occasions too. I remember 10 years ago, none of my relatives wear black except during incidents of death in the family. Now, we are free to wear black any time. But we tend to avoid wearing that color to parties hosted by Chinese.

But setting traditions aside I find black to be an elegant color. And white top and black pants are probably my favorite combo.

15. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Fizity, why would you steal and wear underwear that has been worn by someone else?

Colors are pyschologically tied to certain emotions that can be aroused from them.
    When babies are born, they primarily put boys in blue and girls in pink. Blue represents strength and Pink is supposed to be a more submissive color.

Red and Yellow are very eye catching colors. Whether or not anyone likes them. That's why some restaurants (ie: Mcdonald's/Burger King) use those colors. It attracts attention to the restaurant.

[ October 14, 2002, 14:33: Message edited by: Xenecor ]

16. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] used to wear a lot of black in my teens (:sulk:), still do, but my wardrobe now has plenty of blue, grey and red. i always try to wear a little red, matches my quick temper and passion. :love:

nobleman:
    ...no, but women's black lingerie makes me moan. :love:

and like buses... :love:

[ October 14, 2002, 19:09: Message edited by: the god ]

17. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Lust is, one of the 7 Deadly Sins. Deadly Sins are - usually - represented as black. Langerie is lustful, so, pronomonally, black. Red langerie shows passion or love, but usually passion.

18. Fizity Gems: 2/31

Boxers are a whole lot more comfortable than women's underwear... And since the only other guy in my family is my dad, I thought it'd be better to steal them from my cousin. I washed them a good hundred times. ;) I think

19. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

perhaps it also has to do with insecurity. If you are insecure about your looks you most likely don't wear bright reflecting colours. If you feel more comfortable you will start wearing brighter colours. (that might explain all the darker colours in my wardrobe ;) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.