1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you do when you feel sad?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faragon, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

(Hmmmm, been a while since I last posted here... Cheers, everybody!)

I usually turn off all the lights, bring out a guitar, and play it until my fingers bleed. Well, that's what I do if I'm sad or bored, and don't really feel like socializing...

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    LOL! I've always wanted a stack of cheap china just for throwing, a safe place to smash it, and someone to clean up after me.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

MoN, you inspire me.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

When I'm sad I tend to talk to people. But if I'm feeling really sad I just like to be alone by myself. Go play some hockey with loud music in the background, or go read a book outside, or just go lye on my bad thinking.
    Screaming often helps as well.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] LOL kick a puppy! :grin: :grin:

Most times i go and smash something up too. I'm not living in the city so its easy. I just take me big axe and go smash some wood. Or if i dont have any wood at home i run a bit to come to the forest.... There's always some dry wood there ;) :D

This helps me.

6. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I just sort of withdraw the sadness into myself and lock it away to be dealt with later. If later turns out to be a couple days later and I can't remember why I was sad it's a good thing right.

(oddly enough I do this with most feelings)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  7. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Go into my room and play Avril at the top of my computers volume and work on my fanfic or blog. Or yell at my little brother.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

During the summer, I go golfing, everything seems better after slapping a little white ball around or I go skateboarding. During the winter I hit the outdoor rink and skate.

I always listen to music, so that doesn't work for me.

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] I go down to my mum's. A bit of company always helps.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't play music anymore. My mother keeps complaining she doesn't like it but I have to put up with her singing. She expects me to sit quietly all the time, it's unfair!

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Buy yourself a headset ;) I did :D

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I did have one - but it broke because I played the music too loud, and then my mother complains I ignore her all the time and I'm unsociable, I can't win.

13. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

When I get sad, if it's for any reason other than my relationship then I talk about it to my partner. Sadly most of the time it's because of the relationship, in which case I type my little heart out in notepad and blog it somewhere.
    Either that or I hug a friend or two, or in most cases they know when to hug me.

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I start reading a book and get really involved in the story so that I don't have to think about my own problems. then I just go to sleep and somehow things always get better after that. :)

15. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I usually just either zone out, or cut on some music and write. I find that when I'm not feeling so hot I write better. Go figure.

16. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I usually take it out on the nearest person, then brood for a while. Letting the emotions build up and up until its behind a wall of anger then I lash out at my close friends and relatives. Then i get a tatoo and hang around biker bars.

Well, not really. Thats a lie.

I usually just get angry. That's fun. Then I listen to some loud angry music and hurt myself.

Then I sleep.

17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Anything that takes my mind off the problem I have or think I have.

- Take a long walk can be very refreshing for the mind.

- Having a very nice long dinner is also good. Meat Fondue & wine or cheese & wine for example.
    Drink just a little bit more wine than you really need for the food - say a whole bottle instead of about a half. No more, you don't want to go from being a bit "tipsy" to getting sloshed. Going to bed with everything spinning and almost making you sick is not recommended.
    A nice meal can be a fantastic boost to your well-being.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    A pint of Ben&Jerry's Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch and a spoon works pretty well for me...

19. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not that big on Heath Bars, but Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks would go a long ways toward making me feel better. :)

20. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I brood, then I play some violent video game and listen to music

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.