1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #14 - In Memory of Tobias

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Oaz and Yerril*

Hmm... I want to say something I have no idea...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, Yerril, Frosty is doing DoE as well, they're starting it this year at our school.

When it comes to university/college applications I'm going to have nothing! I can't do any of the clubs, because can't do sports or languages. I can't do DoE, because I can't do that sort of stuff. The headmistress is always going on in assembly about how everyone has got to do something and she gets annoyed at people who don't do anything. Well I guess I'm going to be one of those failures who doesn't get in then.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hmmm, you peoples education systems are so confusing!

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

No Rotku, yours is. Think about it.

I hate school so much. I went today. How budget is THAT! Learnt nothing I didn't already know, I think I actualy got dumber. Well, not quite. But almost. I have to start writing my english oral soon. I want to hand in a draft by Friday so I can learn it over the weekend.

Well, off to do some inane posting. Have fun.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Mine is not! Well the old one wasn't. The new one is absolutly stupid! But that's another point.

I didn't go to school at all today :p We went around Wellington looking at different places where you can see fault lines! How can a school trip be any more boring than that?

How far can a horse ride in a day, assuming that it is walking at a relaxing pace, and travels for 8 hours on flat ground?

That was a quick vist to the chat room there Baezlebub.

6. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd have to say 42 miles there Rotku. What type of horse is it?

7. Rotku

42 miles? :eek: Are you sure? That's a long way!
    It's one of those horses with 4 legs, which people ride upon. It's for the Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place , me and Aik are creating a measurment system and we just needed to know that.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*Whispers to Rotku* Very sneaky, very subtle plug. Good job.

9. Rotku

Plug? Plug?
    *looks around*
    Oh that, Shhh!

10. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, if it is has Four legs that's altogether different ;)

No but really, there are a lot of variables to consider, the height of the horse, it's training, mare or stallion, saddled or unsaddled, it's age, it's breed, the rider, the rider's dimensions, their clothes, the wind direction, the type of terrain, how well fed and watered it is, its colour, how many tails it has... but I consider 42 miles to be a fair estimate; That's a little over 5 m/p/h and a man can do 3, but we have less legs, and tire more readilly, so I think a leisurely horse, at a walking pace could do 42 miles easily.

Yep.

11. Rotku

*points at Manus*
    I told you Aik!

Thanks a lot Manus. Feel welcolm to come along to the Kingdom any time to give us a helping hand ;)

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*Whispers to Rotku* Alright, now that wasn't subtle or sneaky at all.

13. Rotku

*Whispers to Aik* No, that was a reward that I gave my self for my wonderful first plug.
    I bet to be quite now, before I get told that this is what the chat room is for... again.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You two are such dolts. Veeery sneaky.

I wish I hadn't been in the chatroom when someone mentioned wisdom teeth. Now mione's flaring up... I said mine wasn't paining me and wham! got jinxed.

Bah.

15. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Rotku: Is living in that nice country of yours nice?

Anyways, cause my best friend got pissed at me, I am sitting with my another friend. Yay. Won't be any Linkin Park then. Eyrgh.

Need to see Ghost Ship, even if I have seen it four times already.

Blame it on Karl Urban. Yes, please do.

(Damn Kiwi men :/)

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Eugh, DoE is so boring. The hikes are OK, but all the service, skill and physical sections are such a drag...

8people, don't worry, I'm one of those people too. All the clubs at my school were based on music and sport, and I terminally suck at both of these things. To boost up my CV, here's a few tactics I used:

- Student Council. This stuff is pure gold, especially if you get to a high position. Uni guys lap it up.
    - IT programme. Get into it somehow. At my school they did IT prefects and Intranet staff for a while.
    - Prefects! This is good stuff as well. If you can go from sub-prefect to prefect to Deputy Head like me, it'll look great!
    - Academic awards. Be a real big suckup to your teachers, and maybe you'll get some academic awards. In the five years I was at secondary skool I got two awards for achievement, a creative writing cup, a history prize, an english prize, and a prize for excellence. I have to say, most of these were obtained by having teachers who liked me. I don't know if your school does the Maths Challenge or not, but this can be a great ticket. It's based more on logic than arithmatic, so if you approach it in the right frame of mind you can score a Phat Lewt Certificate. I got one mark off a gold and I HATE MATHS WITH A VENGEANCE.

Other than that, all I can say is take whatever opportunities you can, and don't worry. Nowadays, Colleges will take anyone, and you are an intelligent young woman who will be right in there. I have it on good authority than Universities judge people mostly on GCSE and AS levek results, so concentrate hard on your work, and don't let this extra-curricular crap bog you down.

17. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Yes, but it'd be safe to have a reasonable IQ.

Ghost Ship is so creepy. I went to go see it with one of my younger cousins (I wonder how he managed that) and he totally Freaked out. As if a warning from his mother that it might be too scary wasn;t enough... :rolleyes:

Desprecio los juegos que adivinan.......(Spanish, people)

ยค

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yerril - on the UKMT I've got Gold certificates, I can't do student council or a filming project I was interested in because it is after school. They only do IT programming and stuff at the boys school. I go into a grammar school and now in my new classes the teachers seem intent on picking on me :(

19. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ghost Ship as a comedy would have been better. I laughed at almost every part. Except when Munder died. :/ He was a nice guy. (This has something to with the fact that he was played by my fav. actor, LOL)

The love topic in AODA is like hilarious. LOL.

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hmmm... take the news poster job here at SP. In fact, take loads of online jobs. It'll make you look really reliable AND techno-knowledgeable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.