1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This was asked of me in another topic. Since it is off topic :yot: for that post, I figured I'd address it here.
    Teekc said in there:
    Quoting me:
    Teekc then said:
    She is a senior animal trainer in education at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Her father was an artist in California named Adam Shields. He originally did technical drawings for NASA. He passed away from cancer before we met. Her grandfather was the actor Arthur Shields. Her great uncle was the character actor Barry Fitzgerald, Arthur's brother. He won an academy award for Best Supporting Actor in the movie "Going My Way" with Bing Crosby. Little bit of trivia, Barry is the only actor ever to be nominated for both Best Supporting Actor and Best Actor for the same role in the same movie, "Going My Way"
    The award has actually been auctioned off somewhere. So her brother's and I are trying to find it to bring it back to the family.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Tal, just out of curiousity.

Was that monitor post in NwN almost in the wrong forum?

3. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hey, 8people, don't give up on the good things in life. It sure must suck, from all the things that you say are happening. But that doesn't mean that everything is bad, and that things will not get better.

I have had bad times and worse and better than worse. I have taken breaks from not giving up, though never actually giving up, was something that I kept in mind.

Until recently, about three weeks ago I worked with Foster Youth, being a Former Foster Kid myself. They could relate with me alot easier than other Staff, I had a different title.

They did relate with me and trusted me, and were able to let go of some secrets that they held. Alot of stuff that should never be allowed to happen, after a year stuff that I couldn't handle anymore. I left. I didn't give up, I realized that if I could not be who they needed I should not be there anymore playing into the self pity.

From them I learned that bad things happen, and it isn't always your fault. Alot of the time it is because the person doesn't like theirselves, so they take it out on someone else, or they were raised a certain way and have not been taught to know better.

With the freinds, sometimes there is a point in life, when you realize you have out grown who you normally would keep company with, or don't realize it and think you are doing something wrong. Try to work things out with your friends, if that doesn't work out maybe you should find different ones, you don't need to shut everyone out completly, but new people can bring a different outlook on life.

People get depressed, not evreyone, but some do. I had depression, for awhile, I think most teens have an era of growing up, where that is all you are, even if you try to show a different face.

Lastly, support structuers are a necessitiy, for anyone anywhere. This is coming from someone who loves to be in a place away from people, to let the mind be free, at least for awhile. Then the social aspect of humanity starts to squirm inside of me. If not your imediate family, look towards friends that you can count on, if no one there then a place were differences are shared and if not acceptted then at least tolerated. SP comes to mind.

You are not stupid, and it does take courage to let people know how you feel, and you are never going to be entirely alone, no matter what anyone says. :D

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] ejsmith, why? The guy's looking for a monitor to play NWN on...

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I am sick. I feel cold, when others don't and got away from school, because I nearly fell asleep in the class. I threw up 4 times yesterday night and it's all because I ate too much peasoup. Sucks. Cold. Life sucks and I can't eat or drink anything else, but water or I'll throw up. Dammit. Somebody help me. :(
    :wail:

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs Eze

There, there... it'll get better, I hope...

8People, I truly hope it will get better for you... I remember life being hell when I was younger, and I just hope it gets better soon for you, without your cracking up or anything... I know you have enough spirit to get thorough it, and we here in SP will stand by your side :)

Am I insane because I am planning on taking a tatto because I just wannt to, becaus eit just suddenly popped into my head because a friend took one, too?

Oh well, back to the drawing board

(the loony sword freak)

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think the random babblng post is almost to its next installment. I lose the girls today *sniff*. Can you imagine how quiet it is around here when you're used to having two babies, and they leave?

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Lose as in weekend visit with Dad or lose as in permanent custody transfer?! :eek:

9. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Ooohhh, we got the Qoute Game started! Hooray!! Though I wish Rally didn't start without me....

*starts grumbling and having violent, violent thoughts*

10. Eze Gems: 24/31

I feel better now and Mom made rice porridge. YAY. Wanna see TTT again.

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Mmmmmm.... porridge.
    Sorry, i'm feeling hungry.
    :D

[edit] Just realised i spelled porridge wrong.

[ January 31, 2003, 17:51: Message edited by: Gopher ]

12. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Thoughts for the day:

• It is a curious fact that people with poor vision often experience hyperactivity, frustration, lack of motivation, and depression....I wear prescription glasses.
    • Never say never. Oops, I just said 'never.' Dangit, I said 'never' again! DOH!!! :bang:
    • French people eat many fattening things and drink red wine every evening. Their average lifespan is 80 or so. Germans eat an enormous amount of fattening foods and drink 3 shots of whiskey every night. Their average lifespan is 90-ish. Americans eat even more fatty foods and drink beer, vodka, and other alcoholic drinks every night. Their average lifespan is about 45, or around there. Apparently, it's speaking fluent American that kills you.
    p.s. I don't mean to offend anyone with that last one.

[ January 31, 2003, 23:27: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Lose them as in He gets them for the next month. We have temporary joint custody, which really sucks. As long as it doesn't go permanent, which it probably will.

14. Elios Gems: 17/31

Had a wierd experience with Mystra today.
    <Elios> I can't find my copy of BG. its still packed somewhere from the move. grrrr.
    <Elios> and I want to start playing all the games like I talked about in that one post. but I want to start with BG
    <Elios> Mystra, where did my BG game go?
    <Mystra> Elios, at Disneyworld.
    <Avarahtar> that's pretty far
    <Elios> ok, that's really wierd. I was just talking to my wife today about going to the disney place in CA
    Ooooh weeee oooh! :mommy:

15. Eze Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Hey, I and Arabwel had one too. If you want, you can dig up the topic in Cs. It's called The Quest For Glory, The UBB and ...

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] good work Tal on closing that poll on polls. Sometimes I'm glad SP is a dictatorship :p

17. Elios Gems: 17/31

Stupid helicopter game. :bang: Can't get past 1000 again tonight. Arrggg, it 3:30am. How long have I been playing this? It just sucks you in and assimilates you into a helicopter game trance :borg:
    :idea: Hmmm, new topic..."Sex vs. the Helicopter Game" :rolleyes: Just kidding, Tal! :-D

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heh, finally got some free time from my service... :) Now I can, at least, set up mines and shoot with a rifle (RK 6,72) when I want to. Luckily the physical training hasnĀ“t started yet...

19. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Being in college makes me wish I joined the marines instead. Of course this would probably be reversed if I were actually in the corp. :)

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

One more post and this bout of Random Babbling shall end :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.