1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Snow! We have Snow!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes! Eventually, after a miserable cold and wet weather, even denying us white christmas, we have SNOW. At last at least.

Therfor this higly scientific poll :1eye: Do you have snow too? :1eye:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 53 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Snow! We have Snow! (53 votes.)

Snow! We have Snow! (Choose 1)
    * We have snow too and it rocks! - 51% (27)
    * We have snow too and it sucks! - 36% (19)
    * We have no snow and that sucks! - 6% (3)
    * We have no snow and that rocks! - 8% (4)

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have snow!!!

South England has snow!

:D I fell over twice trying to walk up one hill and down another to my bus stop. And then I got pelted with snowballs when I got to school :(

edit - :o 700 th post!

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The snow WOULD be OK if England wasn't so useless at dealing with it. I don't understand why all the transport here grinds to a halt because of a little bit of snow when other countries have far more snow than here. Plus - in the summer the trains all stopped because it was too HOT! In the autumn the trains all stopped because there were too many leaves and in the spring the trains all stopped because there was too much rain.

Sorry - I'll stop ranting now.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Please, don't mention snoww... there's way too much of it! And it's cold!

I want to go to Australia.. No snow, and kangaroo herding is supposed to pay well....

5. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

It's snowing again, but the stuff won't stay... It melts just after hitting the ground.
    I want good snow and I want it now!

6. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

We have snow. It stays. -13,5 degree Celsius in the morning, -6,5 degree Celsius in the noon.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Surprisingly enough for the Canadian prairies, yes, we have snow. (That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, for those who aren't familiar with our weather :D ) And more snow than usual.

It's also f***ing cold. As I'm typing this, it's -40 (C or F, same thing), -52C with the wind chill. (This is way below normal.)

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

/me loves snow!

Its just too bad there's just so little of it. A few days before newyear should have been snowing instead of useless raining. Just aint fair :( i want 2meters of snow at least!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You must not have to shovel it yourself from in front of the garage and around the house. Either that, or you're definitely insane. :shake:

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yeah we got snow, and it's great :)

I love snow :D

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I refuse to answer to that poll of yours. :p Having snow means that there is cold, but not having snow does not necessarily mean that it is warm...

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

(o) We have snow too and it rocks!

Snow is "Tha Thing" for me, and it will always be. And we have a lot of it up here in Norway right now :)

13. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

We have snow :D , however its melting and turning to Ice.
    Think its going to be like a scene from home alone trying to get up the steps to my house later
    :rolling:

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    La la land -- no snow and not a chance until I go skiing. Yes, I am rather pleased, as that's one of the main reasons I moved here. 70 degrees and sunny today, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow.

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    In the last three days we've received about a foot of snow (in three different storms), plus about a half inch of ice in an ice storm. "Could my opinion of this weather get ANY lower? Evidently so."

16. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

We have snow and it ain't melting :mad:

17. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I remember that stuff called snow. Can't say I miss it tho. Since I moved to Florida, I expect to see VERY little of it ever again. Can't say that upsets me either. :)

18. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

:eek: Never to feel the joy of shoving a handful of snow down someones back!

*highlight of Frostbites day*

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really miss snow. I grew up in a state known for it's great skiing. Christmas just feels wrong if it isn't snowy and white outside.

I don't miss shoveling it, though. Or being cold. Or it freezing my car and driving with frozen fingers. Or slipping on the ice it leaves. Or chapped lips.

Hmmm. On second thought, f*ck snow.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    We had a regular snow storm yesterday night. And who was in it on her way home from the cinema? That's right: me.

Actually it wasn't that bad, the snow was still untouched, and I love walking on it and seeing the trail of my own footsteps behind me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.