1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's new on HotU

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by sapo, Sep 22, 2003.

1. sapo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Here goes what i got of confirmed news about HotU... hope you like it
    comfirmed new feats:
    Whirlwind Attack
    Epic Reputation
    Epic Spell Focus
    Epic Mage armor
    Overwhelming Critical
    Bard's Curse song
    Lasting Inspiration
    Energy Resistance
    Great [Attribute]

New creatures:
    Driders
    Beholders
    Mind Flayers
    Spider Demons
    Azer
    Mithral Golems
    Adamantine Golems
    Dacoliches
    at least 8 others

The six prestige class:
    Shifter
    Champion of Torm
    Dwarven Defender
    Red Dragon Disciple
    Weapon Master
    one other

New weapon:
    Dwarven Waraxe
    Whip
    May have more...

New spells:
    Ball Lightning
    Battletide
    Crumble
    Flame Weapon
    Great Thunderclap
    Hellball
    Iron Guts
    Undeath to Death
    Source: Bioware
    Keen Edge
    Source: Fansites
    Glyph of Warding
    Source: Fansites
    Infestation of Maggots

May have some cursed itens... like you wear it and cant take it off...(not confirmed)

We may have wings... cool isnt it (dragon disciples)

New controls for henchmen:
    the ability to ask them not to cast any spells until further notice AND the ability to enter stealth mode with you.

Monks and rangers now have discipline as class skill

The D&D 3.5 Ed Ruleset wont be implimented

We will have have a romance option for men and one for women (seens to be with the henchmen)

The only skill I remember that probably will be implemented is the intimidate (seens that Persuasion is going to be broken up into different skills... they shall be intimidade and bluff) not comfirmed

Well, thats all i got... having news ill post it...
    Ps: seens that the barbarian when entering in rage
    mode can fear who see it( probably a will save)

[ September 30, 2003, 22:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Cooooooooool!!!

I can be a Shifter in NwN :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I'll definitely buy HotU!

*trots off mightily happy*

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If the new spells will be cool, me as a wanna be mage will definitly buy that game. And I hope that the romance will be good, too.

4. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When will this expansion ship in Europe?

Or has it already shipped?

Sounds COOL :)

5. sapo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] What i heard is that the expansion will be released in November 2003. But i talked with a devoleper of Bio ware group and he said that itll be released when its done... So It may be on November december or else...
    Probably they will released at the end of November
    so they can sell a lot at Christmas

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It looks sweet. Though I hope they don't increase the system requirment all to much.

8. sapo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Sorry Taluntain... I didnt know that you had that link with the expansions news... :doh:
    Well, now I know... and I will check it for news, also see if you forgot any ones ;)
    Ps: Some info I posted you dont have on the expasions link
    Ps: I found some info about the magics(damage, school, save etc) may I post them here or give you the link to you put them on the expasions info?

[ September 23, 2003, 00:45: Message edited by: sapo ]

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I keep track of everything, every single known thing about the expansion will be on that list sooner or later. It doesn't get updated until a site update happens, however, so it's not up-to-day accurate in terms of listing everything. So if you have anything that is not listed there yet, by all means, post it. But you can be sure it will also be listed on that page come the next site update.

10. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'm sorry Tal - I didn't know :o :o :o

11. Gothmog

hmm... wait a second...

sapo you said one of the new prestige classes is Shifter. Thats the one with immense shapeshifting powers.

And on SP it says Plane Shifter.
    I wouldnt know what that is but judging from the title it seems quite a bit different than shapeshifting shifter. :(

So... which one is it? :confused:

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Different sites listed it differently, so there's some ambiguosity over that... If BioWare doesn't clarify on it soon I'll ask them.

13. sapo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] <BioTom> Hordes of the Underdark will feature lots of new ways to customize your character, actually... We've got 6 new prestige classes: The Dwarven Defender, Champion of Torm, Weapon Master, Red Dragon Disciple, Shifter, and Pale Master.
    <BioDarcy> Hey! Tom just leaked the 6th prestige class.
    <BioJay> Shot to the kidney!
    <BioTom> DOH
    This is from the NWN Stratics chat on Sept 23 @ 8pm.
    So thats the 6 new prestigie classes we will have...
    cool a prestigie class for for spell casters the Pale Master (info about this class at: http://www.dandello.net/cgi-bin/realms/prestige2.pl?Pale_Master )

Abilities: Every second level is +1 level of an existing spellcasting class, for the number of spells only.

Level 1: Bonemail may be constructed. It is considered a natural armor bonus, so it doesn't interfere with spellcasting. At this level, it gives a +2 bonus. It improves to +4 at level 4, and +6 at level 8.

Level 2: Once per day, he may animate dead as a spell-like ability, without a material component. His levels in pale master count as caster levels.

Level 3: He gains darkvision 60' (or it expands by 60' if he already has it.)

Level 4: Summon Undead - he may summon 2 undead as a standard action that doesn't provoke an AoO, to a place within 60'. They last one round per caster level. The type of undead gets better as you level up. The undead have +4 turn resistance.

Level 5: +3 hitpoints, like PnP toughness

Level 6: Undead graft, gives +4 Strength, allows 2 touch attacks with effects like paralysis, strength damage, negative level, constitution damage, charm(undead only).

Level 7: Immune to stunning and subdual damage.

Level 8: +2 to attacks with the touch attack, 3 touch attacks/day.

Level 9: Summon greater undead - as Summon Undead, but one undead, stronger.

Level 10: Immune to critical hits, served by an undead of a level he could animate, a new touch attack (against large size creature or smaller, save vs. death, failure also re-animates the creature), 4 touch attacks per day.

This is just a quick list.
    also the Shifter is confirmed...

[ September 24, 2003, 04:01: Message edited by: sapo ]

14. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good call, Sapo. I'm sure this will soon be up on the front page, etc., but it's going to be here, now. :)

From Bioware....

15. tsabukalis Gems: 1/31

In Hordes of the Underdark mages will become useless because drow have high magic resistance...

16. Gothmog

http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/prestige_shifter.html

Yeah!

just look at this ;)

Abilities
    Greater Wildshape I (Level 1): Change into a red, green, black, white or blue wyrmling
    Greater Wildshape II (Level 3): Change into a minotaur, a harpy or a gargoyle
    Greater Wildshape III (Level 5): Change into a manticore, a basilisk or a drider
    Humanoid Shape (Level 7): Change into a variety of humanoid forms
    Greater Wildshape IV (Level 10): Change into a medusa, huge dire tiger, or a mindflayer

Several of these forms grant the shifter the ability to use the form's innate powers. For example, a shifter changing into a white wyrmling can breath a cone of cold as often as they want. These powers are located on the "spell" radial menu. Some of these powers can be used an infinite number of times per day, others are restricted.

Amazing!
    Gee, i'm so happy :spin:

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ah...the weapon master sounds so bloody cool.

I eagerly await the expansion.

18. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Red Dragon Dicipline is the same than the one in D&D?? (Spellcaster type, perfect for sorcerer)

19. sapo Gems: 1/31

As fas as I know the red dragon discipline will be more like dragon discipline not exactly red one... the red probably means that the breath weapon will always be the cone of fire...

About beeing perfecty for sorcerer Im not sure... They will probably open for all arcane casters

Here goes what I found about Dragon Discipline...
    Its from SRD3.5 so dont take it as what well found on HotU

DRAGON DISCIPLE
    Hit Die: d12.
    Requirements
    To qualify to become a dragon disciple, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Race: Any nondragon (cannot already be a half-dragon).
    Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks.
    Languages: Draconic.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast arcane spells without preparation.
    Special: The player chooses a dragon variety when taking the first level in this prestige class.
    Class Skills
    The dragon disciple’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int) Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Speak Language (Int), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Table: The Dragon Disciple
    Level BaseAttackBonus FortSave RefSave WillSave Special Bonus Spells
    1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Natural armor increase (+1) 1
    2nd +1 +3 +0 +3 Ability boost (Str +2), claws and bite 1
    3rd +2 +3 +1 +3 Breath weapon (2d8) 0
    4th +3 +4 +1 +4 Ability boost (Str +2), natural armor increase (+2) 1
    5th +3 +4 +1 +4 Blindsense 30 ft. 1
    6th +4 +5 +2 +5 Ability boost (Con +2) 1
    7th +5 +5 +2 +5 Breath weapon (4d8), natural armor increase (+3) 0
    8th +6 +6 +2 +6 Ability boost (Int +2) 1
    9th +6 +6 +3 +6 Wings 1
    10th +7 +7 +3 +7 Blindsense 60 ft., dragon apotheosis 0

Class Features
    All of the following are Class Features of the dragon disciple prestige class.
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Dragon disciples gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.
    Bonus Spells: Dragon disciples gain bonus spells as they gain levels in this prestige class, as if from having a high ability score, as given on Table: The Dragon Disciple. A bonus spell can be added to any level of spells the disciple already has the ability to cast.
    If a character has more than one spellcasting class, he must decide to which class he adds each bonus spell as it is gained. Once a bonus spell has been applied, it cannot be shifted.
    Natural Armor Increase (Ex): At 1st, 4th, and 7th level, a gains an increase to the character’s existing natural armor (if any), as indicated on Table: The Dragon Disciple (the numbers represent the total increase gained to that point). As his skin thickens, a dragon disciple takes on more and more of his progenitor’s physical aspect.
    Claws and Bite (Ex): At 2nd level, a dragon disciple gains claw and bite attacks if he does not already have them. Use the values below or the disciple’s base claw and bite damage values, whichever are greater.

Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
    Small 1d4 1d3
    Medium 1d6 1d4
    Large 1d8 1d6

A dragon disciple is considered proficient with these attacks. When making a full attack, a dragon disciple uses his full base attack bonus with his bite attack but takes a –5 penalty on claw attacks. The Multiattack feat reduces this penalty to only –2.
    Ability Boost (Ex): As a dragon disciple gains levels in this prestige class, his ability scores increase as noted on Table: The Dragon Disciple.
    These increases stack and are gained as if through level advancement.
    Breath Weapon (Su): At 3rd level, a dragon disciple gains a minor breath weapon. The type and shape depend on the dragon variety whose heritage he enjoys (see below). Regardless of the ancestor, the breath weapon deals 2d8 points of damage of the appropriate energy type.
    At 7th level, the damage increases to 4d8, and when a disciple attains dragon apotheosis at 10th level it reaches its full power at 6d8. Regardless of its strength, the breath weapon can be used only once per day. Use all the rules for dragon breath weapons except as specified here.
    The DC of the breath weapon is 10 + class level + Con modifier.
    A line-shaped breath weapon is 5 feet high, 5 feet wide, and 60 feet long. A cone-shaped breath weapon is 30 feet long.

Dragon Variety* Breath Weapon
    Black Line of acid
    Blue Line of lightning
    Green Cone of corrosive gas (acid)
    Red Cone of fire
    White Cone of cold
    Brass Line of fire
    Bronze Line of lightning
    Copper Line of acid
    Gold Cone of fire
    Silver Cone of cold
    * Other varieties of dragon disciple are possible, using other dragon varieties as ancestors.

Blindsense (Ex): At 5th level, the dragon disciple gains blindsense with a range of 30 feet. Using nonvisual senses the dragon disciple notices things it cannot see. He usually does not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice and pinpoint the location of creatures within range of his blindsense ability, provided that he has line of effect to that creature.
    Any opponent the dragon disciple cannot see still has total concealment against him, and the dragon disciple still has the normal miss chance when attacking foes that have concealment. Visibility still affects the movement of a creature with blindsense. A creature with blindsense is still denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class against attacks from creatures it cannot see. At 10th level, the range of this ability increases to 60 feet.
    Wings (Ex): At 9th level, a dragon disciple grows a set of draconic wings. He may now fly at a speed equal to his normal land speed, with average maneuverability.
    Dragon Apotheosis: At 10th level, a dragon disciple takes on the half-dragon template. His breath weapon reaches full strength (as noted above), and he gains +4 to Strength and +2 to Charisma. His natural armor bonus increases to +4, and he acquires low-light vision, 60-foot darkvision, immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and immunity to the energy type used by his breath weapon (see above).

20. Gothmog

I just had this flash... Weapon master will be great for pure fighters.
    Until now, once you got lvl4 fighter you had completely no other reason (other than RP) to continue as a fighter instead of barbarian... or any other class really.

And you'll have to take more than 4 lvls of fighter to qualify for weapon master. 5 levels minimum, if you're a human.
    Weapon Focus in a melee weapon, Dodge, Mobility, Expertise, Spring Attack and Whirlwind
    Skills: Intimidate 4 ranks <--all these are required to become one.
    So taking levels of barbarian doesnt seem the best choice. :)

Also we wont be seeing so many minmaxed fighters... dex, and int are required to be 13 in order to have acces to required feats.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.