1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where to store items?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Brewinski, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Brewinski Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi

Besides my inventory, can I store items in barrels/chests/drawers?

I mean I know I can put things in them, but will they disappear after a set amount of time?

Thanks

[ December 27, 2003, 03:31: Message edited by: Brewinski ]

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Buy Bags of Holding or use Large Boxes. I do not recommend dumping your stuff in random barrels or chests.

3. Brewinski Gems: 1/31

-Buy Bags of Holding or use Large Boxes.

Yeah, I only have one bag of holding and 3 80% reduction magic bags. They fill up pretty quick.

I've cleared Begger's Nest, Docks, Peninsula and am going to finish Blacklake soon. Surprised I have not been able to get anymore Bags of Holding.

Just wondering if it's safe to store items in barrels/chests, that's all.

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] I think it is though I never really tried it. Why do you need it? How come you have so much in your inventory that you can't carry it anymore? :confused: Are you trying to collect all items in the campaign or what?

5. Oso Gems: 1/31

personally I wouldn't store items in the barrels and chests unless you don't need them and just want to get rid of them
    for one there are too many barrels and chests,you possibly could forget where something is stored and two if you need it and forget to get it before the end of the chapter you can't go to get it back

6. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'd have to agree on that question.

You take what you need, the rest you sell... ;)

Moneyyyy... :D

But I did put some stuff (books,journals,scrolls) in a shelf in the temple, chapter 1, and it was there when I got back...

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Stuff won't disappear out of boxes and crates and such, but you can't get it after the Chapter ends.

Your character has a ton of space and you should just sell whatever you don't need. There's not so much stuff in the campaign that you have to have everything.

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You can just drop it on the ground too. No need to put it in something and risk forgetting that you left it.

9. Brewinski Gems: 1/31

Nah, I was never intending on collecting everything. Like Vyndin, money is always good.

When I posted the question earlier, I didn't have much magic bags and was a pretty weak charater.

Now at the end of Chap 2, I've got lots more bags and lots more strength - and lots more money from selling stuff!

10. Dedster Gems: 1/31

I typically dropped stuff in the temple that you recall to in each chapter. You can just put it on the ground or in chests/barrels/shelves etc. Just be sure to pick it all up before you end the chapter as anything not on your persons when leaving the chapter is lost. I typically pick up everything and sell most, but if the item sells for 0, obviously its a quest item and if an item sells for 1 usually it is needed later (like in the case of reagants).

Hope this helps
    Dedster

*possible spoiler*

For example if you don't carry with you some adamantite, diamonds, ironwood and various other reagants from chapter one, you won't find any in chapter 3 and will be unable to have magical items made.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you have HotU you can use the genie-in-a-bottle as a storage of sorts. You always have your genie on you and you just sell him the stuff you don't want to carry. If you find that you really need it again then you just buy it back from the genie.

12. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I usually keep my stuff in bags of holding or in the diving pool in all the Temple's of Tyr.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.