1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fun with Multiclassing...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, Aug 16, 2002.

1. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i agree with you Mat, whats the whole XP penalty issue all about? even if you do get XP penalty what does it take from your gaming experience?

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It doesn't really take away from the gaming experience in single player. You tend to be a bit lower level than the area expects, but that's not really a problem since most encounters are scaled to level anyway. I kept running into equipment I was a level or two below the requirements for and was only 17th level when I got to the end (compared to 20th for the character that didn't have a level penalty). But I started getting the XP penalty fairly early, while you probably won't notice much effect at all given your level.

Anyway, for multiclass characters, I had a lot of fun with my Druid/Necromancer elf. However, my favorite character to play is the Barbarian/Fighter/Ranger Half-Orc. Ended the game as a Barb5/Ranger6/Fighter9. I didn't take any exp penalty except on the last level (from 19 to 20) because of how I did the leveling.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I played with a ranger 10(bear companion) rogue 1(for now) and i intended to take 4 levels of fighter for extra feats.
    But i stoped playing it for a month now 'couse i was SOO disapointed over SP(copletely forgot Multiplayer) dso now i will go throught BG2+ToB+TDD once again and then start with a pure druid 'til level 20. No powergaming this time :cool:

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I'm playing a ranger/fighter/thief.
    I took 5 levels of ranger so i could get some free feats and two racial enemys.
    The fights are a laugh. ;)

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

@Fallen paladin
    Take another level of ranger to get animal copanion(bears are great :D :D )

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow! My new character is is getting powerful now...Even some of the fights I had trouble with playing a paladin have been considerably easier!!!

My newest character, Aemon Pelivar (Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Barbarian 1, is crushing people!!!

I have the following feats which are fantastic in battle:

Sneak Attack 2d6
    Uncanny Dodge
    Weapon Finesse
    Power Attack
    Cleave
    Ambidexterity
    Two-Weapon Fighting

Right now he's equipped with the Namarra Rapier +1, and a +1 Short Sword I'm going to use to make the Feyduster Short Sword as soon as I find some Fairy Dust!

With the Namarra, he is deadly! It stuns opponents for a round 75% of the time on hit! They just stand there whilst I whip up on them! This character has made a fairly easy SP game into a laughable one!

7. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Welcome to hell, Bel...and by "hell" I mean "a crappy SP experience."

[ August 26, 2002, 04:54: Message edited by: SlimShogun ]

8. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I'm considering a fighter/cleric/rouge right now, however I'm currently a lvl 5 fighter. So if I go 1 Rouge and then the rest into cleric, I'll hit the XP penalty once I hit lvl 3?

I hope not... the again remaking him as a 3 Fighter, 2 Rouge, rest cleric character would probably be ideal for what I have in mind... granted I really don't want to have to start him over...

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm seriously considering a druid/monk. That way I could go "au-natural" on people ;)

My only concern is that I'm sick of both Sharwyn & Tomi, but will need some chest opening/trap springing talents ... maybe take those as cross-class skills ...

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Penalty, Smenalty!!! Make the character you WANT!!! Don't concern yourself with xp penalties and stuff like that!!!

11. Deepdarkness Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i always go for a oriented clas. a pure class with very little mixing involved. i have tried them all but i still tend to go back to the ranger. i lie the ranged abilities( pun intended) and his melee is good. also he has some spell casting abilities . and a companion. He is a good rolepaying character for me to as i feel like i would be a ranger more then a sorc monk or theif kinda class. and rangers are better than fighters to me...

[ September 07, 2002, 03:27: Message edited by: Deepdarkness ]

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Bel you stole my char! The whole concept! I have a rogue 7/fighter 4/ranger 2 and he kicks ass! He was wielding Namarra +1 for ages but recently got the +2 one, I need to try it out. I use a kukri in my off hand, a normal +3 one at the moment. But I have one that recquires 15th level in my backpack, I have had it there for ages. I found it when I was level 8 or something ;)
    Either way he kicks ass, he would defeat Daelan without problem. Makes the game almost too easy...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.