1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best item found so far?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Syrel, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I was just wondering what some of the best items that people have found so far where.
    so far the best armor i've found for my ranger/thief is
    Shadow legion armor ac 2 +4 hide +5
    light armor
    this is great thief or ranger armor i got it from that elf guy in the Inn in chap 2 i forget his name he also gives you the 3 gem quest
    you have to make a lore check to know that he actuelly deals in black market items (retired so he claims but you can persuade him to let you look at what he has left ;)

The other cool item i've found is a Rapier called MercyKiller +2 with 1d6 fire dmg to evil. this blade looks cool on your char as it is flaming (which dbls as a torch :D)
    i found this in some chest in chap 2 i don't remember where but i think it was a random item.

post any cool items you have found here I for one would like to see what else is around :heh:

2. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Found a suit of Mithril Splint Mail: base AC 6 with a +4 bonus and 40% weight reduction. Better and lighter than the full plate I was lugging around.

3. Rael Elrohim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I spent ages in chapter one trying to get components and items for the dwarf blacksmith Marrow to upgrade - the best i got were the desert wind scimitar (+d6 fire damage) and whitebone armour, total ac 9 (from totally useless leather armour +1 and an even more useles gargoyle skull)

still looking for a decent magic shield

4. Syrel Gems: 6/31

i saw a mirrered magic shield good ac with like +2 then a bunch of magic resistence. which was really cool.. but i don't use a shield so i left it at the shop.
    it was in chap 2.

5. Scalphunt3r Gems: 1/31

dragonslayer shield, dragonslayer sword, dragon armour... basically anything that has 'dragon' in front of it :)

6. Somnus Gems: 1/31

Is there any Dragon Helms? I have the dragon armor, but can't find any red helms to go with it... looks kinds weird with a gold circlet.

7. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31

At the beginning of Chapter 4 there is a real badass bastard sword, it's +5 but only usable by lawful evil paladins. I won't say where it is or who you get it from, I think you'll have more fun discovering for yourself.

8. Somnus Gems: 1/31

How can you be a lawful evil paladin? Don't you loose your paladin abilities as soon as you're not lawful good anymore?

9. Syrel Gems: 6/31

A pally can be Evil or Good as long as they are Lawfull. the Evil Pally is usually called an Anti-Palidin and they get bonuses that reflect their evil nature instead
    ie raise undead or control undead rather then Turn undead.
    protection vs good instead of vs evil..
    at least that is how it was in 2nd addition rules i'm not sure how it works in 3rd addition.
    and if you start off being lawfull good then go evil you are usually called a Fallen Palidin.
    I'm not sure how it all works in the game though.

[This message has been edited by Syrel (edited July 01, 2002).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well, still in Chaptor one so I didn't find much useful stuff yet. I have a Long Sword +1, Short Sword +1, Long Bow +1 and a Hide Armor +1. And the Robe of Proetction vs. Evil (+2 AC bonus vs. Evil) is also useful.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm in the beginning of chapter 2 - But the best items I've picked up so far:

+3 half plate (but the armor of comfort is still my favorite...cause it's less cumbersome!)

Greater Helm of Persuasion & Nymph Cloak +2
    (my paladin has a 20 charisma!!! - Much like me IRL ;) )

That +2 mirror shield is nice too!

and I made this item, so maybe it doesn't count: +1 Astral Longsword...it does 1d4 sonic damge on each hit...Good for popping open chests!!!

12. Syrel Gems: 6/31

That astra sword is good. it took me awhile in chap 2 to find something better. I think that the Astral sword is the best sword in chapter 1 at least that i've seen.

13. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

In 3E if you're not LG anymore as Paladin, you cannot gain anymore levels in Paladin, but you retain all your abilities. You don't get any of the Anti-Paladin ability, though.

14. wylo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I would have to say that copper dragon armor is the best item in the game i have found yet.:)

15. Syrel Gems: 6/31

I just found red dragon armor and i'm not that impressed with it. maybe for a palidin or something but not for a ranger.

currently best armor i have found is armor of fleetness it has +3 ac with Haste
    without armor my char has 21 AC

with red dragon armor which is AC 8 +5 my AC is 27
    with my armor of haste my AC is 29 + i'm hasted.
    the Dragon Armor being heavy armor is far to restricting on my dex bonuses.
    i have a +8 ac from dex which basicly goes away if i wear heavy armor.

So for a Ranger or Rogue with high Dex i would have to say that Armor of Fleetness owns any dragon armor :)
    however if you are a palidin or fighter with no real dex bonus then dragon armor is the way to go.
    of the items I have found so far anyway :cool:

16. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I found a Copper Dragon Plate. The description is pretty funny.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.