1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Maker's Lab

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I've been trying to figure out how to get the golem making machine to work after killing the maker (and looting the lab first of course) but can't find any clues on what to do. Has anyone got it to work?

[ July 04, 2004, 00:33: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

1. you must be a sorcerer or a wizard, or you will not have found the golem parts.

2. if you do have the golem parts, there's a book in the lab that describes the process.

3. If I remember correctly just drop the parts on the big table, then cast the spells outlined in the book, on the pillars around the table.

4. laugh as your golem mashes the deuregar on the outside to paste.

3. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sorry for reawakening this thread again, but I have a major problem with this.

My wizard has found all six body parts of the golem and has used the rod from the maker to unlock the machine (which looks like a table). But when i click the table to place the golem parts, it opens one of those windows on top of my inventory (like you get when you open boxes and things).

The big problem is that I can't get all the golem parts to FIT on the table at the same time!

The table is the usual size of 5x7 squares, 5 being the height, while five of the six golem parts are 3x2 squares each, 3 being the height. (the head is 2x2, and there is also an amulet (2 squares) that needs to go in there at the same time)

With the height of the table being only 5 squares, there is just no way to place five 3 height pieces. The table needs to be 6 squares tall or 10 squares wide for them all to fit. Placing only a few at a time doesnt work either. If I try to make the wizard DROP the parts on the table, they are placed on the floor.

How have anybody managed to do this?

(PS: I have the latest upgrade installed. Could the parts have been smaller in previous upgrades?)

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've never done it, but I imagine you can just drag the parts to the table without opening it up. Not all containers have only a single page of inventory; for example the chest that has all your stuff that was stolen from you at the beginning can have many pages depending on how much stuff you had.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's only a few months since I've done this but I don't remember having any issues here... Did you check if there are multiple pages to the table container, like BTA suggested? There should be a left and right arrow above the container grid. That way you should be able to get all the parts in.

6. Blue Gems: 7/31

I'm not sure what I did - I tinkered with it for a very long time, reloading old saves over and over without any luck, but suddenly the pieces just varnished... got absorbed or something, and were gone. I thought they were lost, until I discovered that the four poles around it finally allowed me to place spells and created the golem.

Maybe it's some kind of bug - I don't know. I have no idea why it suddenly worked, I just know that it didn't for a long time. Weird.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, possibly you have to put them in one by one... Place one in and close the container. If it disappears, repeat the procedure until you get all the parts in.

8. Blue Gems: 7/31

I've been doing it over a couple of times to find out what I did - it seems like a layout with placing the body in the middle, a leg on each side and the head on top, (and the amulet in the right corner) was the right thing to do. That filled the table box so there would be no place to put the arms, but when i clicked the arms one by one on top of the body in the full box in this exact layout, the arms disappeared. The rest of the parts remained visible in the box, but could not be moved anymore. When I closed the box after that, the rest of the golem creation suddenly worked.

A very strange bug. Wonder if anybody else have had this problem.

I'm glad I took the time to get this done - it is awesome to have the giant golem following me around in addition to my henchmen.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Shield guardian, to be precise. :p

10. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A Shield Guardian, was it? I thought they were weak. I'd trouble myself with the procedure if I get an Adamantine Golem :D

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Ah, but you can enhance it with various boosters when you're putting it together, so it's not your typical shield guardian in the end. The relatively low HP of the shield guardian is its biggest weakness, so if not properly looked after during battles (read, feeding it healing potions), it will die pretty often by the end of the game. Still, it can regenerate extremely rapidly, so the low HP won't be an issue in most battles. In the later stages of the game I've fed it some potions of dexterity, endurance, barkskin etc. before major battles and it did just fine with a little babysitting.

It can also store up to 3 spells that it will cast once engaged in combat, but I've hardly ever used that ability. The biggest blunder that BioWare has made is that if it gets killed, you can't resurrect or repair it (which makes little sense, being a high level wizard/sorcerer and all). You can either leave it dead, or reload. I've had to do a lot of reloading of battles where it got killed so that I could bring it with me right to the end of the expansion.

12. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31

You mean buffing it with spells? Or is there a way to create a high HP Shield Guardian by adding certain reagents with the golem parts?

If you mean spells, I'd still think it's not worth the time... however, if you mean the latter, then it'd be a lot more interesting :evil:

I just wasn't able to create the golem with my sorc... GRRRRR!!!

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Yes, depending on which spells you cast upon it when it's being put together, its permanent characteristics change. One of the walkthroughs on SP has a detailed breakdown of all the possible options and which are best. I don't remember if you can boost its HP in particular, though. Mine ended up with 160 HP.

14. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31

I doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon, I'm having fun with my shifter anyways. I'll just morph into a construct myself :D

I still don't have NWN2. I'm afraid it won't run smoothly on my system. So I'm stuck with NWN.

Thanks for the info anyway ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.