1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Rate Neverwinter Nights!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] On a scale of 1 to ten, what would you rate Neverwinter Nights at. I thought the game was all pretty good except for the linear story; and I actually prefered the baldur's gate style graphics. They just seem to fit an rpg better. Also they didn't pay too much attention to detail. They didn't do that well on the art. Also the game runs like crap on the "minimum requirements". You have to have a 64 for it to be any good. Also something that really bothered me was that you play as only one character and not a party. So, all said, I'd give it a seven.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 48 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Rate Neverwinter Nights! (48 votes.)

Rate Neverwinter Nights! (Choose 1)
    * 1( so worthless I used the cd's as frizbies) - 13% (6)
    * 2 - 0% (0)
    * 3 - 0% (0)
    * 4 - 10% (5)
    * 5( both good and bad aspects, it was ok ) - 13% (6)
    * 6 - 13% (6)
    * 7 - 19% (9)
    * 8 - 17% (8)
    * 9 - 8% (4)
    * 10( my favorite crpg, it was really fun ) - 2% (1)
    * no opinion( or haven't beaten the game ) - 6% (3)

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I gave it a 5 though I'm wondering why I didn't give it less. The graphics might have been state of the art but they were dull and boring to look at compared to the colourful easy-on-the-eye graphics you got in BG, the gameplay was average-ish, the storyline was a long way from enthralling and the single player game just sucked big time.

Replay value? Zilch. I finished it at the end of last year and haven't touched it since. When I finished BG 2 the first time, I started playing it again a couple of days later just to see what I'd missed the first time round.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, for the singleplayer campaign I give it a 6.. it was alright, but not anywhere near the BG series.. for multiplayer, I'd give it a 9.

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hey it aegisfang45. I would probably give it a 7 for single player and a 8.5 for multiplayer. The single player mode is kind of boring.

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think it is much better as a multiplayer game. The singleplayer was pretty crap.

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

sp 4
    mp 10
    just wasn't what i expected after BG series.

7. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Agreed, WAY TOO linear.

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

SP: 8 (played BG 2 after NWM :D )
    MP: Haven't played until now

9. silke Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yea, i would give nwn a 1 , the story was predictable , i completed it in literally the same day, i prefer baldurs gate 1 graphics to the nwn design, it was far to repetative , every one in the multiplayer is invincable, it lasted the day, it was a disgrace , unfortetly bioware corp have lost it, ,, baldurs gate was the best games in the world ever, why did they replace it with a piece of **** like nwn, why did they have to replace it, ,, ne way i know my money wont be going on there add on, im suprised there actually making an add on, what on earth did they ever do away with the bg series ne way,
    why
    why
    ?????????
    baldurs gate rox, nwn sucks and gets a 0.5 out of 10,, !!!!!

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't have any problems so far. It's different to other games, but not necessarily worse. I like it sofar. Trying the MP soon

@Silke: 'ne way' takes as much space as 'anyway', but is not as easy to read. ;)
    Welcome to the boards, anyway :D

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The single player game was there to demostrate what the toolset could do, nothing more. I learned much from playing the compaign and examining the modules in the toolset.

NWN is a multiplayer game that puts the control in the hands of the player. You will get out of it what you put into it. If you play the SP campaign, say it sucks and quit, then it will suck for you. Go out DL some of the modules, see what people are doing, make some yourself, put them on the net. Play it the way it was meant to be.

12. Moghol Khan Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I give 1 for SP. I think graphics shouldn't be the first concern in an RPG. I found the story extremely predictable. If there are 3 things to be found then there are 3 areas around your starting location. Explore the areas and the game is beaten....boooring

13. Kris Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] The game is nice,but its to short. The only thing you are suppose to do is find the words of power to save Neverwinter. This make the game a little short

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I would give NWN a 3. Its story is predictable (as said above by many people) and there way the screen is set out (don't know what it's technical name is maybe the layout, no). I much prefered BG series.
    @Bateluer
    I say they put much to much efort in making the tool set. Hom many people who have brought the game actully use it. There would be heaps (not saying any numbers bacause i have no idea of the stats.) and out of them how many would creat their own tool set.
    I completly agree with Silke. What happened to BG style games. So much better than NWN and Ice wind dale. I'm just hopping Black Isle game Loinheart is going to be better that NWN.

15. BigStick Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I gave NWN a 9. I would have given it a 10, except for the single player OC. That did not seem as polished as it should have been. It gave me the feel that there were multiple people putting the story together and that they all had slightly different views.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is a wonderful thing. :love: I have joined a very active guild of roleplayers who have a persistent world in the works. The guild leader and a few others run games regularly and they are almost always a blast.

I have not played any of the BG or IWD games, but played the old gold-box D&D games years ago on my 286. Those party-style games so got on my nerves that I got completely out of computer D&D (not CRPG since no RP involved) until NWN came out. Perhaps it's just me, but I have a hard enough time RPing a single character, let alone 5 or 6.

16. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

So far I'm truely enjoying this game. I have not yet to finish it. Alot of People seem to not like it, but I do. I plan to download one of the mods, after I finish with the few classes I want to.

17. badge9781 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well it was ok but i would rather of played the multiplayer like BG and BG2 where you could control all the players the graphics are ok not the best the bgs where more clearer The story line yes way to linear you had to do something before you moved on but not as linear as IWD
    so i rate it about a 5 or so. Maybe the Shadows of Undrentine will be better. The toolset was way cool that is the only thing i rate about a 8 because i understodd it better then the Infinity Engine Editer but it still has its limits too

[ May 03, 2003, 09:52: Message edited by: badge9781 ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.