1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Addons

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Khazar, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Taluntain if you have managed to control Feirhanith I would like to know if my begging has worked?

[Khazar - If I see this nonsense by you again I will remove your posting privileges. I just finished telling you not to do this and here you are polluting the topic again. - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 19, 2001).]

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] If you guys read the FAQ you'd know why you don't the custome avatars. You have only been on the baords a few days, why should you have custome avatars? If you qualified for any of the reasons in the FAQ you wounldn't need to beg. Let time take it's course. Don't rush into things while others have waited.

3. Linael Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] OK.
    So we are not likely to be seeing Rideable horses.

How about a change of 'tack' then.

Animals can be scripted to talk, but what about Packhorses. Could players leave Pack animals outside the combat area and return to them to load up the ill gotten/heroically won gains/corpses? If so, It's a short step from a horse-drawn cart full of Ex-Dragon's hoard to a cart with a PC in it.

Linael of the Mists.

Edit: Spelling... oops

[This message has been edited by Linael (edited November 20, 2001).]

4. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Ok so im sorry there was still no need for BTA to go off his head at me. I just wanted to fit in.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Linael, I know they will have horses as 'background' as in the cart you spoke about. As said about the big issue is not the scripting but all the additional avatars that would be needed to reflect PCs on horse back. I think it's more of a time issue than anything else.

6. Linael Gems: 3/31

Chariots, Voltric.
    One can stand up in a chariot, using the "Standing" avatar.

Please excuse my pedantry. I understand you really.

Linael of the Mists

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Doesnt really help much cos you still need the 'holding the reins with the other hand' avatar and the 'you cant see my knees cos they are obscured by the side of the chariot' avatar.

8. Linael Gems: 3/31

The "Obscured legs" part would be handled in the graphics code as it would be for anything obscuring a character (monsters/other PC's/scenery) and the "holding reins" issue could be dealt with by having a charioteer image permanently fixed to the chariot. Just subbing the control of the chariot to the PC.
    Does'nt sound very professional though.
    I promise to try scripting it 'when it's ready'
    He he he.

Linael of the mists

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

I await to be impressed. If you pull it off there's probably a job for you at Bioware. :)
    Don't forget, combining icons into a moving object is very different from walking behind something. And you gotta animate the horses legs realisticly and make those wheels spin....

10. Linael Gems: 3/31

So it's hard.
    The guys who wrote "Quake Rally" & the "Gianna sisters" mods for quake managed some pretty amazing stuff there.
    NWN is going to be expandable / modifiable based on just how profoundly we are allowed to delve into the code. If the source is locked, then all bets are cancelled.

PS: please don't mistake me for a programmer, I am just enthusiastic. :)

Linael of the Mists

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.