1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Epic feat questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Valer, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have just got the SoU and HotU and it seems very complicated. First of all I dont know how are the Epic feats working? Let's see the Epic Dodge what seem a very useful one.

I found this in the reference.txt:

Epic Dodge (L21, DEX 25, Rogue L13, Shadowdancer L10 : Avoid first attack)

What does is mean? The summ of levels should be 21 but SD at least 10 or Rogue at least 13? So a Ranger(8)/Rogue(13) could use it, or a Ranger(11)/SD(10), if it has 25DEX?

How is this 25DEX calculated? Magic items counted?
    If not how can a character achieve for example 30DEX what is required for the Self-Concealment?

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

No. buffs from items are not counted when it comes to getting epic feats. Basically, if you want any of them (save MAYBE for epic spells), you will have to prepare for it for day one. Yes, epic dodge, self concealment, dragon shape, etc. want insane stats, but many people think them worth it. The stat-raising epic feats are a help there.

3. erikhk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, not all epic feats are that useful, and some requires heavy investments, like self-concealment.
    But depending on your class they may just save you from time to time. For instance: Epic dodge, Dragon shape (THE most powerful melee), Epic spells (epic warding, epic mage armor and maybe hellball), Automatic still/quicken spell or Epic damage reduction (for tanks ^^).

Some epic feats may be a pain to get, but in my opinion, it's all worth it in the end.
    Also note that you might want to invest some "Great str/dex/int(?)" to get your requirements, for a more... flexible start.

4. Valer Gems: 7/31

Why do you think the Self-concealment is not as useful? Is there a saving throw against it, or a special feat what negates the concealment? I don't know this feat realy but since at the usage I saw automatic; I like it.

I hate selecting different types of combat or defensive feats... and I am playing mostly Rogue... and as I calculated I have to add some Assassin(14-18) to be able to reach DEX30 at a normal level. And one SD level can't be skipped.

5. erikhk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I meant that self-concealment requires alot to be useful, it has 5 ranks after-all.
    To reach DEX 30 you can either start with 20DEX and choose DEX every 4th level, giving you a total of 30, but as this would be at lvl 40, you wont get self-concealment.
    What you need to do is that you select a few "Great Dex" feats to raise your DEX further at a "natural" level, that way you can also start with, for instance, 18 dex at the character creation, that way you'll get stats left for other things as well.
    Of course, you might need to invest quite a few feats in "Great Dex" that way.
    Another way to achieve 50% Concealment is to use the Assassin's spell-like ability "Improved Invisibility", since it gives 50% concealment even after the invisibility runs out.

And why would you need 14-18 levels of Assassin?

EDIT: I seem to use "that way" all too much... -.-

[ August 05, 2005, 23:32: Message edited by: erikhk ]

6. Valer Gems: 7/31

At Lvl14 and Lvl18 of Assassin I can choose the Great Dex as a Epic Bonus Feat... so I can reach the DEX30 at level of 32. So with Rogue extra feats I can just max out the Self Concealment...

I didn't know Improved Invisibily is such a good ability. I think I will use it. But it is only 1/day not constant. Self Concealment 50% is a huge advance and with Epic Dodge together the char is almost untouchable...

Thanks the help, I will think about it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.