1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My party

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Neo, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Neo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am a Paladin.

In my party is Ajantis, who is also a Paladin.

Jaheira is also in my party. I think she is a druid and another class.

Imoen is a Thief/Mage (I dual-classed her at level 6).

Dynaheir is the Mage in my party.

Minsc is a welcome addition to my group. He is a Ranger with incredible fighting power and he can charm animals too, which is nice when you are fighting against Winter Wolves and the likes.

What do you think of my party?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nice combo. You've got a bit of every world, so you'll have a smooth way through the game, although I'd prefer another fighter/cleric (Branwen) instead of a paladin.

3. damnedifiknow Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Not bad, between the 2 paladins and the druid you have a decent number of heal spells, along with your main chars healing ability. Like Tal said normally I run with Branwen but this last time through I went with Yeslick, mostly because i get tired of Branwen bitchin' cause our rep is too high. I like him since he's got a lower thac0 and he had really nice HPs when i met him in the mines. This go around i went with my char as a pure fighter as the main punchin' bag for the bad-guys, then i've got Coran and Kivan as my archerers, Imoen and Dyhneiar(sp?) as my archane fire-power and Yeslick for healing and dispelling. Minsc is cool but he's more of a tank so unfortunately Minsc got killed while valiantley(sp?) trying to save Dyhneiar...but Boo made it and is living happily in Imoen's bodice...=)

4. Neo Gems: 1/31

Thanks!!

This is the first time I'm playing Baldur's Gate, so I am very pleased that my party is all right :)

But now let's get on topic again. You are talking about a person called Branwen. I think he is in the Cloakwood, but I'm not really sure. Should I remove Ajantis the Paladin from my party so Branwen can become a member of my party? You both sound very positive about him. Altough it is more question of taste than something else, but you are both experienced players so I will trust on your opinion. :)

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Must do this...
    DIE PALADINS!!!
    DIE YOU INSUFFERABLE GOODY 2 SHOES!!
    I, SHURA, RESIDENT PALADIN SLAYER WILL LET YOU EXPERIENCE AN ETERNITY OF CLUTCHING YOUR CROTCH AND WEEPING IN LOSS!!
    Hope you don't mind Sorcerer.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Branwen is a she, and she's been turned to stone. IIRC she's standing outside in the fair east of one of the towns (Beregost?). You just need to get a scroll of Stone to Flesh to change her back.

7. Neo Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the information, mr. Blackthorne. I have one other question for you. Do I need to get to a certain chapter before she will show up?

Thanks in advance :)

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not that I recall... She was in my party from near the beginning, so I believe it's a place you can easily reach any time you want. It's been a while though, so I don't remember the exact details.

9. Neo Gems: 1/31

And now another question pops up.

MY complete party is now leveling between level 4 and 6. When I get to Branwen, won't she be on a very low level compared to the rest of us? Or won't it be a very big problem, because she'll level up pretty quickly when I use my other characters to kill of enemies so she'll level up?

Thanks in advance once again :)

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Right, I went with Branwen, as well. She was easy to pick up, you just have to walk over to the fairgrounds to get her. Don't forget that Stone to Flesh scroll.

Also the chars you meet are generally at the same level as your party members, as long as you haven't already talked to them before.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 15, 2001).]

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Neo - The game adjusts the level of the NPCs to approximate your level when you first talk to them.

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] HA! I win! :p

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Cheater! You edited an existing post! ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited February 15, 2001).]

14. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Hey, I'm okay with a bit of rule-bending. It's not as though I'm a Paladin or something! LOL :rolleyes:

15. Neo Gems: 1/31

Ah, I now know the where abouts of the person called Branwen. Mr. Blackthorne, you were wrong in the city names - You were reffering to the carnival near Nashkel, not Beregost. Still thanks, you weren't that far off :)

Darien Noella, I'd like to thank you too. You gave me good information, just like Mr. Blackthorn.

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] No problem, Neo. Enjoy your game!

Btw- "Mr. Blackthorne". I like that. LOL ;)

17. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, hey! What's wrong with a little respect from Acolyte to Wizard? You could learn a thing or two from Neo miss Darien Noella! ;)

18. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] :rolleyes: :p

Not likely!! LOL!

19. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, I am here to lead you astray from the empathatic manifest that is Mr. Blackthorne and onto my way of thinking. You've got a good party, don't worry. I didn't care for Branwen when I played her. She didn't do much for me(I don't like single class clerics, or thieves for that matter, but anyway..). If you want to go with her, you could go that rout and dump Adjantis(one Paladin is one too many, much less too ;)). Anyway, I'd suggest dumping Jahiera for Quayle. He is a gnome illusionist/cleric found in the Bridge area leading to Baldur's Gate. His on the north side of the bridge on the road leading to the city gate. If you have the expansion pack, he can cast up to level 4 mage spells and level 4 cleric spells. He has multiple functions, though he isn't great at any of them and is fairly weak. But he can be equiped with a helmet and large shield and sling. His main asset is his sheer number of spells. Lots of them.

I don't know how good of a thief Imoen in at level six, but, unfortunately, a good thief is very important in the game. Stealth, lockpicking, and especially trap finding all take a high priority in Baldur's Gate. I like the idea of a party with three mages(Quayle, Imoen, and Dynheir), but if you find you need a good thief, I'd pick up Coran. He is a fighter/thief in the first section of Cloakwood forest(acessable in chapter four). Look for him in the north of the map around a bridge. He is an exceptable fighter, and give him Dritzz Mytheral Chain, and he can still hide in shadows while wearing it. He is also deadly with a long bow. And I mean that literally. Well those are my two suggestions anway.

Also, consider dunping Adjantis for (*the entire boards of magic gasps*) Khalid. Yeah, he's whiny and a coward. But with the right armor and weapons, he's more of a killing machine tank than anyone other good aligned character in the game. I took him to the end and he was much better than even Minsc. I highly suggest him.

20. Neo Gems: 1/31

The problem is, that Khalid is no longer alive. He got killed in a fight against 5 Angheks.

I have followed your advice, though, and dumped Ajantis. I now have Branwen in my group, but I don't really like the way she is, and she always has comments on me because my reputation is 20.

Maybe I'll go with another person when I find one. Has anyone got advice for me?

And what's wrong with Mr. Blackthorne?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.