1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HotU - Chapter 3 Help (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shandower, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Shandower Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Spoilers...

Hi all, with regards to the 5-Fold Mysteries of the Sleeping Man, I've been talking with people and managed to discover 4 of them. However, I can't find anything on the 2nd-Fold Mystery (where did he come from?). Can someone spare me a hint?

[ December 23, 2003, 16:13: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Talk to the Scrivener and ask him about the Sleeping Man.

Failing that, put a sword through the sensei's face and take her key.

3. Deran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

IIRC cou can talk to any of the worker slaves and ask them if they know anything about the sleeping man. They will then, unwillingly help you.

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The trouble with that puzzle, is that if you happen to help the scrivener with its own problem, before finding out about the sleeping man, the scrivener dissapears, and you are basically screwed.

If that's the case, the only option is to kill the Sensei.

5. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I helped the scrivener out first, but was still able to solve this puzzle. There is another scrivener like beast, somewere. I know that's not much help, we were actually playing multiplayer at the time, and my compainion did it while I did the dialoge with the Sensei lady. I'm pretty sure it was a creature in the tavern. Talk to the imps in there, or all the creatures outside the tavern. Hope that helps.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

This is probably a silly question... but I've got the 3 parts of the ring and can't get them to fit together. Talked with the Sleeping Man again, but got no help there. Was there something back in the subterranean vault that I missed?

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Right click on a piece of the ring in your inventory and select "use item."

It will bring you to a dialogue scene.

The correct sequence can be found written on the Sleeping Man's Prayer Card in the place the ring components were obtained.

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just in case anyone else comes across this problem - you can find the solution even if the scrivener has gone. As was hinted at above, there is a slave that will help. You find him in the quarry. He is the Slaad worker that you see on your right just as you enter the quarry. (The quarry is the place where you find the lazy imp with his hand stuck in the machine.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.