1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with an epic archer.

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Judith, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Judith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can any archers out there give me tips on character creation? My ranger is level 8 str 14 dex 20 -with item con 14 wis 11 int 13 cha 10. I I have recently picked up both expansions as well and with the arcane archer available I thought it would give it a try however the book seems to recommends I play ranger with wizard or sorceror levels? I guess im trying to figure out why I would need a spellcaster to enhance this class.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

because you need to be able to cast some form of arcane magic to take the Arcane Archer prestige class. If I remember correctly, the ranger doesn't use arcane, but divine magic. but I could be wrong, I never played an arcane archer

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Equester is correct. In order to qualify to become an Arcane Archer, a character must first be able to cast first level arcane spells. Rangers cast divine spells.

Given that your character has a 13 INT, you should choose a level of Wizard rather than Sorcerer or Bard since they cannot cast first level spells with a CHA of 10.

Have fun, Arcane Archer is one of my favorite PrC's.

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What race is your ranger? I hope you thought about being Half-Elf or Elf, since apparently you didn't notice the conditions to take levels as arcane archer. If not, you might consider some other path for your ranger. The Ranger/Shadowdancer also makes for a great archer.

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good point, Meatdog. The character must be an elf or half-elf and also must have the Point Blank Shot feat.

All of the Prestige classes have requirements that are listed in the manual as well as in game on the level up screen (select the class to see it's requirements/benefits).

6. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

And if your Character is elven then you should of course take wizard, so you don't suffer from any exp penalties

7. Judith Gems: 1/31

Oh okay thanks :D , I guess il work on wizard levels after level 9 for improved two handed weapon fighting i dual wield katanas. oh and to the prevous poster I play elf otherwise i would have went for little higher con but the -2 really hurts my stats.

8. toturi sezaru Gems: 1/31

Check out the Bioware Epic builds. There are 2 pretty good Arcane Archer builds there. Personally, I would go with Bard/Shadowdancer/Arcane Archer. But with Ranger, I guess sorceror/bard would be a better bet to wizard. But whatever floats your boat... YMMV.

9. Lord Moredhel Gems: 1/31

well, about an Arcane Archer i can say the following. (Ive played this char on an online server though, so i dont know if it fits in singleplayer)

start with Elf. Take 9 lvls of fighter, followed by 1 lvl wizard and 30 lvls of Arcane Archer

ive heard this is one of the most powerful combo's for an AA

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

I've found that having 3 levels of wizard minimum for the good buff spells is pretty useful. And with the create wand feat thrown in there too you can start churning out the wands to use for buffing and a few good offense spells.
    The magic missile wand casts the spell at level 9 no matter the spellcaster level used to create it :D

11. Lord Moredhel Gems: 1/31

my opinion on Arcane Archer

Race: Elf
    Leave strength at 10, pump Dex to its max, i cantr remember the other things, but added some points to CON as well.

Then, start with 9 lvls of fighter (for the proficiencies and constitution) lvl 10 should be a lvl of wizard. Make sure you meet all requirements for AA, then add 30 lvls of AA :p

it rocked on my favorite online server :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.