1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just bought it

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Xerxes, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Xerxes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi everyone on the NWN forum, i just bought the game + shadows of undertide, in a convenient two in one package... convenient exept there was NO MANUAL!!! :mad: Just CDs and thats it. So i am going to go back on Sunday to ask for one.

Also this game is big and my hard drive is small and i am currently in the middle of BG 1 with DSotSC for the first time and then i want to continue with BG2 with TDD installed. I only have 7 days to return nwn if my computer is too crappy and i easily exceed all requirments exept possibly the video card. It is a " Intel(R) 82810E " with the latest drivers installed.

So please reply like this:

1)Does this game have a manual?

2)Does it have a map or some other sort of accesory like BG1 and 2?

3)Will my computer be able to run it at a decent framerate (i dont care how low i have to set graphics to acheive good fps)

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. There are paper manuals in the individually packaged games but there are also acrobat files with the manuals included on the cds. If you look in the installation directory on your hard drive you can find them in the docs folder.

2. The original game came with a cloth map but it was pretty ugly and useless. You are not really missing anything by not having it.

3. I am not familiar with that card but the graphics requirements for the game are not high by modern standards.

3. Xerxes Gems: 3/31

1) and 2) So does that mean that my "gold edition" does not have any maps/manuals???

3)Some one please tell me how to find out how much memory my card has with out pulling apart my computercoz it might be 32 or 16 mb im not sure.

4. asto_86 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I got the Gold Edition for christmas and it came with a paper map and a pretty thick manual so you prolly just got ripped off. Not really sure about your card though.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I just did a search for that equipment on Intel's information page. It won't be able to run NWN without *major* problems.

1. Check for the PDF manuals in the docs folder in the NWN install.

2. No. You don't really need one, though.

3. I highly doubt it.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Usually, the "Gold" edition comes with no manuals or maps, just two CDs. That is why it was such a 'good deal'. This is typical of "Gold" editions.

If you want the manual (without paying full price for the proper edition of the game), you either have to print out the Acrobat files that come on the CD, or go on eBay and buy someone's used game for a fraction of the price of new one.

Having said that, I'm sure you could eventually work out how to play the game without the manual and not having a map is half the fun.

7. eug1404 Gems: 1/31

That graphics card will run it pretty damn slow at the lowest settings.
    It isn't even a graphics card really, just one of the intel built-in "extreme graphics" pieces of trash.
    Good Luck.

8. Xerxes Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the feed back guys, how ever I think i will definetly need to get a manual seeing as the CD KEY IS INSIDE IT!!! :mad: I'm pissed off and electronics boutique is gonna cop an earfull!!!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, it's not... in most cases I've heard it's on a sticker/paper dropped somewhere inside the box. It's not actually in the manual. There have been numerous complaints over this as people couldn't find the the CD keys, which were specifically stated to be in the manuals (but they're not)... You'd think that the morons at Atari really couldn't screw up something so basic as putting those 3 things in the box so that everyone could find them. Guess again, I guess.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, I think you will find the CD key in very small writing on the back of the CD or the packet in which the CD came. They just never changed the instructions which said it was on the manual.

11. Xerxes Gems: 3/31

wtf? the key is not on the box or the cd ANYWERE! :( I think ill just have to d/l a generator... (if it dusnt end up being on the manual)

12. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It could be on the manual since for the original NWN (not gold) it was printed on the back of the manual as it was also with SoU. Only with HotU was it on a sticker put fixed on the box under the disk.

13. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You have been ripped of, the best thing you could do is to call Atari and complain or go back to the shop to try and get another copy (ask them to open it first and check after the manual or said 'sticker')

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    BioWare sent me the US version of SoU, and the keycode was on a red piece of paper stuck inside the box. Not in the manual.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bioware sent it you Tal? :eek:

One of the perks is it? :D

16. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yes, I remember seeing something on the official nwn site saying that there were problems with boxes of SoU not having the red paper in it (there were alot of complaints back then). Luckily I had the European version where they had the improved system of putting the code on the manual. Maybe something similar as with SoU has happened with your game, if they used a piece of paper for the code, though I haven't yet heard of such problems with the gold edition. I agree with Trillex Le'for.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The earliest versions of it had the red piece of paper, all the later ones have had it on the manual.

I'm really shocked that there isn't an NWN CD Key in your box somewhere.

18. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

2) Well, bit late probably, but I did get quite a large paper map wuth my game. European released one though. Hmm, I could guess that the map was close to A3 in size. Perhaps a little smaller, can't remember really.

19. blazin Gems: 1/31

i recently bought this game too after getting some pretty nice reviews about it from friends. my cd key was on inside cover of my manual. and i got a paper map with it although i bought the plain nwn and not the gold version.

did the box look tampered with? the eb's that i've been to are usually pretty good, but any retailer is open to abuse from its employees.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.