1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HOTU- Door won't open! Locked in room!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Good Thoughts, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Good Thoughts Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Ok guys. I am sure I have done something stupid. I am locked in the Control Room on the I of the M. I have tried going to Reaper's Realm and back thinking maybe reloading the area might help. The game doesn't give me an error- it just won't open the door. Upon examination, the game says there's nothing special about the door. I cannot bash it down and its not locked. I cannot continue and will have to reload from a good stinking while back. Any ideas?

2. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

well, I take it that you are locked in the room where you put in the commands for destroying the golems on the first floor at the island of the maker. If I'm right then yes, that wasn't supposed to happen. What did you do in there? anyway, if you can't get out after trying to do whatever there is to be done there then I guess there's nothing more to do but the good ol' console (AKA cheating).
    Open the console (the key left to No 1)
    Type (and since it's case sensitive type exactly)

DebugMode 1

Take the mouse pointer to the spot you'll want to be and then press X (I think). At the dialog window you'll see a bunch of numbers, something like 80.29 45.32 etc. (if by pressing X nothing happens try pressing other keys next to it until it does).
    Well, I don't know about the rest but the two first numbers are the vectors the mouse was pointing. then open the console again and type:

dm_jumptopoint X Y

where X and Y are the numbers from the dialog box and you'll teleport to that spot. However before trying that, try to find a way out, usually there's something that you were supposed to do but it was so simple that you didnt' thought of it. Happened to me more times that I'd like to admit!
    Cheers!

3. Good Thoughts Gems: 2/31

Thanks for the advice keyper. I am out of town but will try upon my return. I was closing the darn doors to keep the golems out while I tried to figure out what to do. I just happened to solve the puzzle while the door was closed. That's the only thing I can figure out that I did wrong.

4. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hmm, the only explanation I can think of is maybe the scavenger golem was in front of the door when you put in the code and that's where it broke down? Not sure if corpses can block a door, and it's a long shot, but you never know with these things. I just went through some inexplicable weirdness of my own with dialogues.

But yeah, the console cheat should get you out. And save often in different slots (a lesson I learned the hard way!). :)

5. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

No, once the codes are entered the golem is transported in front of the console where you put the nunbers and there it explodes. Maybe though (just maybe) you killed another golem there although I highly doubt it. However to finish the puzzle you have to also put the code for the second golem, the adamantium golem. I don't remember the code now (I THINK it's 79 but I'm not sure at all, just look at a guide). If after putting the second code you still can't get out then just enter the console command. Oh, by the way, I looked at the info the X button brings when pushed (but only if DebugMode is set to 1!). It specifically says the vector where the player curently is and where the mouse is pointing so you can't miss it. There is a 3rd vector, the Z axis but you won't need it.
    Cheers!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.