1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OleThreadWndMain Error?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Rastor, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I keep getting this error when playing Neverwinter Nights. It happens quite frequently, in single-player, multiplayer, and when I'm simply fooling around in the Toolset. Once I get this error, I have to do a clean reboot of my computer to get it to accept anything (which tends to lead to lost threads). Does anyone know the cause of this or how to fix it?

Here's my system specs:
    450 Mhz P3 processor
    386 MB RAM
    Creative Labs SB Live!
    nVidia RIVA TNT2-based Diamond Viper
    DirectX 8.1

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Lance Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] When you have problems like this check the troubleshooting guide in the readme file. If the error doesn´t stand there download the latest patch. If that doesn´t work either, reinstall the game. An if THAT doesn´t work there is probably something wrong with the game.
    Check out the system requirements also. If they doesn´t match those of your computer you should upgrade it.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31

My computer meets or exceeds the system requirements on the box, yet the config file says that the system is not good enough, so I'm unsure which to believe.

I'm running version 1.24, which is the newest (I think). Reinstalling the game does not help. I'm almost thinking that it's a Windows problem because I got it while running nothing but IE last night. Although, I never got this error before buying the game, and I've had the computer since 98.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    NWN has a number of connections to IE. Try not running IE at any point you play the game. (Before you play it, that is.)

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31

What about when I'm running it in singleplayer? I still get the error then. Also, with my ISP, if I don't fire up IE first then I will be disconnected every 20 minutes. I need to use IE to trick it into thinking that I am not idle.

6. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Rather than running IE, you might want to try one of the stay-alive utilities out there. While I cannot recommend a name, a search of cnet should return a few hits. The programs tend to be small, run in the background, and should (hopefully) circumvent this disconnection problem.

7. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I believe your problem could be with your video card, try updating to the latest drivers for your video card

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Thorin, my computer would not even run the game before I updated to the newest drivers.

You don't seem to understand the way my ISP works. Those staying alive utilities do not work. Period. I have to load up IE, then use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to disable a program called Trayclient. If I do not do this, I go LD unless I'm browsing the web. If I attempt to connect any other way, it crashes my computer.

While I was still with AOL, I was able to circumvent their autodisconnect with Adjunga, which I believe is the type of thing you are talking about.

BTW, this error does occur in single-player. I do not use my browser at all to do it that way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.