1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fav. Char type and style

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shadow Assassin, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ok so let's call him a mutated halfling or something like that. I just thought Humans and halflings were the same age but i may be mistaken.
    Tasohan

2. Koyo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Got in ALFA as a human bard, named Koyo. Dropped him, but kept the name for the boards, and moved to a half-orc fighter, named Naroc. Dropped him, and now I'm an elven fighter. When he dies (which he will...NV and all that ;)), I'll probably pick up Naroc again for a bit.

I also have a human sorcerer in NWDL that I'll be playing as well. When he dies (and he will...trsh talking and all that ;)), I'll probably play a ranger.

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Now why would you die that much? Play your character smart and he/she will live to a ripe old age. I know I would like to have a char live a long time. If BG2 was any indication of my chars average lifespan I should do fine. I only died once when I 1st faced the demilich (he used imprisonment on me) So just take it slow and you'll live longer.
    Maybe the 19yr old halfling is a bit of an adventurer, so he left early. Just a thought.

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Yes exactly shadow assasin! you are totally right.
    Tasohan

5. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I'm with Voltric, a human Cleric or Ranger/Cleric, if I can squeeze in time to show up and have the capabilities.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And it would be particularly humiliating for the monsters.
    According to the WotC Character generator, humans can start adventuring at 15, and halflings at 20. Assuming these two ages are equivalent, 4 years for a halfling would be equivalent to 3 years for a human, so a 16 year old halfling would be the equivalent of a 12 year old human. Not so bad as a gnome, where 16 years is equivalent to 6 for a human. And a 16 year old elf would probably be barely potty-trained.

7. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Ok ironbeard.......

8. Koyo Gems: 1/31

Reply to Shadow guy:

It's not about playing smart, or about living to a ripe old age..it's about RPing the character.

Ley me break it down. Bael is the Shadowlord of the N'Vaelahr. That gives him much of ALFA as an enemy. We're starting out by hunting Drow in the Cormanthyr forest...the life expectancy isn't very high. But, that is the character...that is why he was created, that is how he will be played. I *could* run around killing snakes and kobolds....but that isn't RPing...that's just crap.

Na'ora, the sorcerer in NWDL, has a short life expectancy because of the Dragonlance setting. Any magic-user that isn't a member of the Conclave, gets hunted down and killed. Sorcerers can't join the Conlcve, so he's a renegade to be hunted and killed.

Maybe its just me...I would much rather have that kind of challenge...then just live to a ripe old age.

One last point...I wouldn't think the BG would be an indicator. You now have other PCs, DMs, etc..to deal with.

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

I'm not saying don't challenge yourself I'mjust saying know your limits. If you can probably survive a fight with a high level mage then fight a high level mage, but if all you're fit to fight are dung beetles then you be the best dang dung beetle slayer you can be.

Ironbeard that's physically equivalent, not mental. so from an educational standpoint I'm sure the elf would be potty-trained and already learning what he needs to know, BUT only be the size of a human baby.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited August 08, 2001).]

10. Binky Farnsworth Gems: 1/31

Well, I'll be playing a Halfling as well by the name of (ta-dum) Binky Farnsworth. I'll be starting out as a Rogue with an eye to multi-classing as a Bard later on. I'm particularly excited about the chance to play a Bard while still playing my fave race. Mainly because my style at play has often been to use my wits and charm to get out of trouble (and yes into it as well). I generally play a more cautious and cunning style and plan to use sneak attacks a fair bit. I too will mainly focusing on my character's CHA and INT with some attention paid to WIS. I figure with a Halfling the DEX will work itself out. STR will be down on the list of stats to worry about.

[This message has been edited by Binky Farnsworth (edited August 09, 2001).]

11. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31

I'm gonna play a Rogue. Once I get into a high enough level I'll hire myself out as an assassin. I'll let people pay me to kill other PC's. Once that char dies I'll just play a Rogue/Ranger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.