1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Names

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Drizzt, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Drizzt Banned

for on-line play, will there be only 1 name allowed at once so no one else can use that name on-line? i think this is true since they will have there own name generater and it would add to the true RPG style

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, since there is no one specific place to play NWN, I don't see how such a thing would be possible. I'm sure each individual server owner might make it possible that each member on his server has a different name, as that seems to be the case with the already organized groups such as alfa. But as far as between server continuity of names, there will likely be far too many differnt servers out there running their own little online campaign or game world for that to work out. My vote is that there will likely be at least a few characters running around with the same name, though you might not ever see them in the same place.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In the case of our own chatroom, the Nameless Room, mIRC will not allow two people with the same name. If Drizzy has been taken you have to try Drizzy1, Drizzy2 etc til you find one free.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I assumed he was talking about playing NWN online in general since he was new here. So what is it, NWN or the 3rd edition roleplay corner stuff?

5. Drizzt Banned

NWN of coarse, or is this not the NWN forum?
    plus, in everquest, no two people are allowed the same name to use online, no matter what server they are in

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Mine you I'm never played EQ, but isn't that game run online by the people who made the game. I'm guessing then that you have to register a character with the company that makes the game. NWN, though, and this is just my best guess here, won't be doing that I wouldn't think. Everything seems to be in the users hands to come up with their own online worlds and whatnot. Perhaps two people won't be able to use the same names playing the official multiplayer modules online. That I don't know.

7. Drizzt Banned

i hope so, becuase having your own unique name would add more aspire to the game

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.