1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Troll Lenton Quest

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by SunRay, Jan 4, 2004.

1. SunRay Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I updated my NW nights to 1.61. But I can't seem to get Lenton in Archaeologist Barracks to talk to me so I can complete the "A Troll lead trophy"? Can someone help me with this bug? He keeps fighting but wont talk to me.

2. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well if he's fighting you can't talk to him, you'll just get the "this object is too busy to talk right now" response. It's a pain but the only thing you can probably do is just keep clicking on him and try to start up the dialogue while he's in between blows.

3. SunRay Gems: 1/31

I tried talking to him between his fights with the dummy but nothing....after I saved it and tried again I thought attacking him will make him stop the fight and talk. But no he died instead....so how am I going to finish that part of the sub-mission?...need help on this cause I got the troll head and paper already....

and he still dont talk to me about the quest...

4. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] It's bugging me alot, i finished the quest before it got all... crazy, i've tried talking to him after i got the expansions and patched but it doesn't work, :|

I'l check the official forums for anything about this, if there's no topic about it i'll post one.

5. SunRay Gems: 1/31

Ok to help out more I found out how to fix this bug on 1.61. I saw this post on the bioware forum. You have to be in DebugMode to use this part. After this command type dm_setfactiondefender click on lenton. Do this couple time then he will stop and talk to you. Then if you have the troll head already before he talks to you about the mission just click back on him after your got your quest from him and tell him you got the troll head and you will complete the quest. Then you can turn off the debugmode. This help me complete the troll quest.

6. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31

And how does one get into debugmode? Is that where you type DebugMode=1 in the program options heading in the NWN's folder?

7. Kartiel Darkstar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

To enter DebugMode in game hit the ~ button next to the one and it will open a line to type on then type DebugMode 1 and it should work.

8. SunRay Gems: 1/31

Well there are plenty of web game site that tells you how to implement the DebugMode into the nwn.ini files. Here the lowdown then.
    Go to the directory where you have Neverwinter directory. Here I just post what I did change.
    [Game Options]
    Memory Level=1
    Memory Access=1
    Debug Mode=1
    Then to finish the Lenton Troll quest you use the "~" key when your in the game to start the debug mode but dont forget you have to type "DebugMode =1" to debug. Remember you must always use the "~" key for each command you type. The one to use to make Lenton stop attacking the dummy to finish the quest assuming you got the troll head ahead before talking to lention "I think in patch 1.61 this is a bug". Type "~" then dm_setfactiondefender <enter> and click on lenton do this 2-3 times for me. Then he will stop and talk to you and tell you about the quest and then if you have the head dont tell him yet finish what he wasnts you do to and then click back on him and then tell him you have the troll head. Whoppeedo...now you finish the quest..I know..this cause I read it from the bioware forum and some posted this debug feature. If they havent done so I be still trying to finish this quest. I hope this helps clarify for those who are frustrated by bioware new bug.

9. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I was unable to make the above mentioned technique work, probably because I was doing it incorrectly, I'm sure.

However, ArtEChoke gave me the idea to attack Lenton and cast "Charm Person" on him. And it worked! Lenton has very low hp so I attacked him with no weapon and immediately cast charm person on him. I had to do it twice, however, because the first time, he went right back to attacking the dummy. The second time it worked perfectly.

Just another tip, if this particular quest gets anyone stuck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.