1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

rapid shot

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by outputrotation, Feb 20, 2003.

1. outputrotation Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] you can't use rapid shot with a crossbow in this game? wtf!?

2. Jabbrwock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, naturally. Cocking and loading a crossbow is a much more involved process than drawing a bow. It's also, on heavy crossbows anyway, at least partly dependent on the mechanism of the crossbow's drawing device, and thus not susceptible to any increase in the speed of the wielder.

3. outputrotation Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

people can't huck fireballs at goblins either! or more realistically, you don't go in, alone, to resolve a prison riot and systematically kill every single prisoner. Or have puny weak goblins some how take over the entire academy and slaughter just about every single person in it... i think i'll go back and play icewind dale 2.
    BIS > bioware.

4. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Realistically, a good bowmen can fire multiple arrows in 6 seconds. However, no matter how good a crossbowman is, he can only fire one bolt before having to take several seconds to lock the cord in place to then load the bolt to fire it.

This may seem stupid, but hey, the upside is that a crossbow can cause more damage when it hits, it has a higher threat range, and has a larger range increment compared to a comparable bow (lgt xbow > s bow, hvy xbow > l bow). The bows have it over crossbows in that they can be fired faster, and the crit multiplier is higher. You have to decide what you want, speed or stopping power.

5. Seyahat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think they are adding a new feat to the expansion which will allow the crossbow inclined to use them at a speedier rate. I'm still not clear whether the new-and-improved rate will equal rapid shot or not, though.

6. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't know where you heard that but I really doubt it will happen. You will probably just have to find crossbows that fire multiple shots like the ones found in IWD2.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There will be a feat for this in SoU:

Rapid Reload

Through constant practice and nimble fingers your moves are automatic and swift when reloading your crossbow. The character is able to reload so quickly that he gets the same number of attacks with any crossbow as he would if he was using a normal bow.

Type of Feat: General
    Prerequisite: Base attack bonus of +2
    Use: Automatic
    Player Notes: The crossbow is a favored ranged weapon for those who wish to do more damage but somewhat clumsy in the hands of the unskilled. A crossbow expert can now match their swifter bow-using companions to devastating effect.

8. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I stand corrected. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to hear that. :D

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Woah! This Rapid Reload and Zen Archery would be a great improvement to my low-dex, heavy armoured Cleric!

10. Seyahat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

They would make him a fine archer... but why would you want to bother using two feats on missle weapons when clerics are such fine close fighters?

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Erm. Well... heh... You make a good point.
    Clerics are quite versatile characters. This would make them even more versatile! :) And there must be a time that I need a good shot with my crossbow.
    And we have one more reason to have a high Wisdom modifier. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.