1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Daelan Red Tiger's quest in Chap2

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sekhmentet, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Sekhmentet Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My main's a thief so I chose to pick up a fighter as a henchman. Daelan definitely was a great choice. Eventually I discovered there were some quests given to you by henchmen, well, at least by him. So I started it. No prob in the first chapter, I found his mother's ring (in the docks disctrict, in a box on a barge), but now in part two he requires an "axe with the notched blade". Any idea where I can find it? I completed all other quests of chapter II, I looked everywhere and I'm about to enter Luskan, but if I do so it seems to cancel that quest of his. Any hint pwease? pwetty pwease?

2. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you enter a contest in a certain bar, you will come across a crazed dwarf with a notched axe in the basement.

3. Sekhmentet Gems: 1/31

Ack ack ack, that's what I feared. And of course, once you've left the contest, you cannot enter it again, hmm? Like err.. to go get a certain axe you forgot down there?

4. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No, you can re-enter it just costs you another 500gp.

5. Somnus Gems: 1/31

Did you not fight the dwarf at all, or just left the axe down there? If you just left the axe down there, you can go to the temple, and it should be in the recovery pool.

6. Sekhmentet Gems: 1/31

Alright, I tried both things. Unfortunately I cannot re-enter the contest, since I won it. They just keep on congratulating me.

Also I checked in the pool. Sweet idea, although there's a little prob. I killed the dwarf who's got the weapon, but I didn't pick it up from his corpse. It was late, I had about 200k in my purse, had been playing for hours and didn't feel like picking a crappy axe without a +1/2/3, or that didn't look to be unidentified. So I guess the nwn doesn't consider it to be 'lost' and therefore won't put it in the pool.

I'm afraid the only way for me to get the weapon is to either restart the whole chapter *sob* or to try to find the proper id number of the weapon to duplicate it thanks to the debug mode eventhough I hate using it. Grrr... only toy I needed for one quest, and it's stuck in one of the rare unaccessible dungeon.

7. Somnus Gems: 1/31

did you check under all the different tabs? I don't know if such an item would be considered a weapon type item or a mic. item.

8. Sekhmentet Gems: 1/31

Aye, checked and checked again.. Dunno how comes, if it's a bug or something, but it's a bit disapointing anyway. Ah well, also spent about an hour playing with the console to try and duplicate the axe, but nothing worked. And now I'm wondering what the 'cowsfromhell' command will change to the game *grin*.
    Anyway, thanks you two for your help and ideas. Guess I'm gonna post about it on the official site. Not sure if yelling at them will change anything, but I'll surely feel better Lol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.