1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has anyone else found this?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Morfen, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Morfen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In BG I it's possible to hurt the ghost Ulcaster by engaging him in hand to hand combat (weapons don't work, only fists!).

You need a natural '20' on the to hit die but
    you can cause him real damage.

As you can imagine it takes a while to hurt him - I've inflicted about 40HPs but didn't keep going in case he had 1000s.

Has anyone got any further?

Replies by email please. Also, please can people cross post this to other forums.

Also, I'm replaying BG I at the moment and I've forgotten the whereabouts of the robe of the evil archmagi. Anyone help me? (Again email please: jon@centrehalf.com).

Finally, what's the best melee weapon to equip Jahera with?

Cheers

jon

2. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

yes i have gonntin just alittle bit further then that.... i did about 56 points of damage... well thats it....

Hellfire20098

3. damnedifiknow Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] The Robe of the Evil ArchMagi is on Daveron. He's on level 4 at the mines in cloakwood.

also i've noticed that that Kaigen(sp?) the LE Dwarf fighter has a con. of 20 and he actually regenerates HP while walking around and camping out in the wilderness, is this his special ability or just a result of a high constitution? (i've never hooked up with him, my first team was a goody-two-shoes team)

4. Morfen Gems: 1/31

Quote from AD&D PHB (2nd edition)...

"Regeneration enables those with specially endowed Con to heal at an advanced rate..."

According to the rule book a Con of 20 enables him to regenerate 1HP every 6 turns (excluding acid or fire damage).

Cheers

jon

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh, in BG 1, there is no good weapon to equip her with. In the expansion, they, as I'm sure you know(ignore me if you know all this already-apologies), add scmitars as available weapons(other that Dritzz's), so perhaps Jahiera can use frostbrand. I had given her the boot by then(and rightfully so as she did suck in BG-spell wise, weapon wise, strength wise, personality wise, etc), so I have no idea if she could use frostbrand with the expansion added on. As a side note, dump her for Quayle, and either dual Imoen to a mage imediatly or dump her and pick up Coran. He is a very cool character.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Jaheira's not that bad. I had her the whole game and her druid spells came in handy, plus if you equip her well, she can hold her own in a fight as well.
    And yes, she can use Drizzt's scimitars in the expansion. She rocks then. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.