1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golems in cave

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Lantus, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Once again, I'm just looking for an easy way to do things, and sugestions. But this time, i haven't done this before. I have a newish party:

Minsc: T-H sword +1, Full plate
    Khalid: Greywolf's sword, Full plate and L shield +1
    PC: Cleric, Bassilus hammer, Full plate, large shield
    Dynaheir:Q staff+1, sling +1, bullets +1
    Imoen: short bow, shadow armour, arrows +2
    Kivan: Ankeg plate, long bow of mark., arrows of biting, ice, acid, +1 and +2
    (plus trinkets like rings and stuff)

All my characters are about lv 5-6 except for Dynaheir (lv2 or 3 i) I jsutw anted sugestions for defeating the Flesh Golems on the Lighthouse map. Things to buy, spells to learn... anything. I'm anxious to defeat them so i can rest and get alot of experiance here. Any help would be nice. Thanks

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Equip the arrows (of biting?) from the Sirens on Kivan and send him in alone. Take them on one at a time, each should take about three shots and they take extra damage from the biting effect (which also stops them chasing you) To save arrows I tend to take a single shot and wait for the biting effect to wear off before the next shot.
    A single archer is also pretty good at taking out sirens if you don't mind waiting round while the dire charm wears out.

3. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Cheers carcaroth!

4. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

With Golems it is all about brute strenght and ignorance. I usually go in with just 3 characters (1-Melee, 2-Ranged). The melee character is there just to keep the Golem at bay while the archers take the Golem down.

Girdle of Bluntness - I think this was the dyrad quest
    Composite Longbow +1 - from Felderposts Inn
    Shortbow +1 - from Thunderhammer Smithy
    Bracers Archery - South of Nashkell
    Gauntletts of Weapon Expertise - Firewine
    Potions of Giant Strength - Try Thalantir
    Potions of ??? (protects against blunt attacks)
    [edit] absorption - +10 AC to blunt attacks

Also use defensive harmony and bless spells.

After these Golems, go and kill Thalantir's Golems for some extra xp. As they should now be friendly to start with you will get the first couple of hits in before they turn hostile.

[ August 09, 2004, 16:50: Message edited by: Bard ]

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I never had problems taking them down with a thief using either the Short sword +2 (what was its name?) or the Poisoned Dagger, while Minsc and Kivan entertained them.

EDIT: Thanks Jan for the Sword's name.

[ August 10, 2004, 12:39: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

6. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The Whistling sword is the Short Sword +2 (With a very touching story added to it.)

7. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You could try backstabing with the boots of speed and the short sword +2 if you have the shadow armor; combine this with a potion of strenght, some potoins of invisibility and the girdle of bluntness and watch them die, it's fun.

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Did this work for you? If I am correct, these golems are immune to all weapons except +2 and higher AND they are immune to poison too.

Btw I always kill Flesh Golems with a sudden attack with more people, using strength increasing potions if needed. 3 hits and they're dead, as a Flesh Golem has 40HP

9. Tananda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I don't think the flesh golems were immune to poison. I've tried equipping Jaheira with darts of wounding in that cave, which seemed to poison them and kill them fairly quickly.

10. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yes, sorry, my post wasn't ok.

First of all, in BG1 enchantments don't count, a weapon can only be either magical or non-magical. Flesh Golem is immune to non-magical weapons (I should've known this anyway)
    The thing which confused was that I remember my battleaxe +1 to be ineffective against them, but I must be wrong. I checked their stats. I also saw that they aren't immune for poison.
    Sorry for the misinformation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.