1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A town through the ages poll

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Mar 19, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Would any one like to play a NWN campain where you travel through the ages of one city? See it be built. See it fall in a sege. Get swept up in to scandles that only you can slove? Have places where only one race or class can enter? Lots of twists and turns? Their would be a place where you are able to travel from time to time. Like a temple or something like that. It would be like on a big island so that the players wouldnt get board easly. Their would be a dock so that you could leavethe island to the main land or somewhere else that you might want or need to go. Their would be plenty of interaction with NPC's. Holidays, birthdays, shops opening. Bsicly thePC's would live out live on the island time hopping to which ever time they wanted to go. Dealing with all kinds of problems both war and personal. Would you play such a thing? Would you offer any advice on what more I should include? Thanks way ahead of time. DRSW

2. El Japana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Could I travel forward in time, bring back valuable future technology, and be rich?

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Tasslehoff Burfoot sure seemed to have fun with is Magical Device of Time Traveling ... so I guess my character could too ;)

Seriously, this could be great fun, but very difficult to DM properly. When you consider all the variables that time travel introduces, it gets mind numbing.

For research I recommend:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Back to the Future (parts 1-3)
    The Time of the Twins (Dragonlance spin-off)
    Frequency (year 2000 Dennis Quaid movie)
    HG Well's Time Machine (new movie)
    Elizabeth Haydon's Rhapsody Triology (read the introduction & after-notes on each volume)

4. Daer´tan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

sounds pretty interesting...

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yep you can travle back and forth through time with items and info. Getting rich with items form the future, I didnt think of that. Yes I soposse that it would be possable. I like the idea.

I'm not really worring to much about DMing it. This will be a 1 player game most liky unless I change the plot line some.

Mat I'll make note of the research items.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.