1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Champion of Torm

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by jack-of-all-trades, Aug 25, 2004.

1. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I'm playing a monk at this point and was really wanting to add alittle more flavor to my character by giveing him a prestige class. I chose to cross with a Champion of Torm, however, even at level 18, it says that I can't do this. Is there any reason that I can't have a Champion of Torm monk? Is this some sort of glitch, or is it that I managed to overlook a stat that is a prerequisit for the class?

I'd really appreciate some help on this one.

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Is your monk evil by any chance? Have you taken weapon focus in something (maybe you can't focus in "unarmed strike"...you may need an actual weapon)? That's all I can think of...you certainly meet the BAB requirement at level 18.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I remember that Weapon Focus: Unarmed strike doesnt actualy count as a melee weapon. I tried to make a monk-fighter-weapon master but couldnt do it with unarmed. Went OK with kama.

Stupid, really, dont ask me why, but that's how it is. Darn shame :(

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The lack of a Weapon Focus: Melee Weapon feat is the most likely culprit, although being evil will prevent it as well. I tried building that combo before and it was OK, but not exceptional since I really couldn't see putting many points into the character's CHA which negated some of the class features of the Champion.

I did like the Shadowdancer class with my monks though. That might be a fun angle to pursure as well.

5. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Ok... well that settles it. I'm not evil, so that's not it.

If the requirments had actually specified that weapon focus had to be an actual weapon other than my hands... that would have helped :rolleyes: . So... Kama it is...

Thanks for your help... it's much appreciated.

[EDIT] I might look more into the shadow dancer as well...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.