1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can I use an editor for my reputation?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by darkone3200, Jul 31, 2004.

1. darkone3200 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

while having beaten bg2 and tob many, many times, i am ashamed to say that ive never gotten past reaching the city of Baldurs Gate in bg1. im doing that now, however, due to some of my rather...unorthodox measures, my reputaion needs a bit of upping. i had thoght that shadowkeeper allowed editing of rep in bg2, and that gatekeeper did the same in bg1. if this is so, i am unable to find the proper option in gatekeeper to do so. can anyone help me?

[ August 02, 2004, 03:22: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Welcome to the forums! :)

Couldn't you just donate to a church to get a decent rep?

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yeah. It should only cost you 500 or so. And if you're intent on doing it with GateKeeper, then just add the money there, then head to the Temple.

4. Korgal the Strong Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

cheating is never the answer. the game is far more satisfying if you dont cheat. if you complete a game after cheating then you will not be able to say, "i beat BG1!!!" and then hold your head up proudly! BECAUSE YOU WONT HAVE BEATEN THE GAME LEGITIMATELY! my advice is to go to a temple and donate. its not that much money anyway. but its your choice.

5. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There is another editor for Baldur's Gate called "Sword Coast Keeper" which is based on Shadow Keeper, it's very similar to it and it should allow you to edit the reputation of your party

You can find it in:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_editors.php

Hope this helps

6. darkone3200 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks a lot guys, yes i know cheating isnt satisfying, but i want to play evil and the game just wasn't built for it, sadly. thanks again

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

But the game is built for it. You do evil things and your reputation goes down, that's the way of things.

I play evil (or semi-evil) all the time and I never have a problem. My reputation is usually ranges between 6-13. As it starts getting higher I will get caught stealing or kill a peasant to keep it low. You need to keep it 18 or lower to keep your evil companions, so never go above 16 incase you suddenly get a couple of reputation increases and they start leaving.

Okay, equipment costs more, but money is so readily available that this isn't a real issue, plus you can steal some good items during the game.

Finally, if you want to play evil then have fun and work with the game.

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

BG I is definetly NOT made for playing evil. There are no evil quests, and if you kill people (for fun) and get a realy low rep, everyone will be hostile towards you, and you wont be able to speak to important quest people (especially in Baldurs Gate)

9. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

whenever i play i usually make sure not to lose my rep

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I think money is not a real problem when you are that far in the game, so you should be able to buy some good reputation from temples without using an editor.

This is off topic, but there are evil quests and things to do in BG1. How noble is to bring corpses to a necromancer?

How about defeating a tortured soul to keep the dagger of his assassin, instead of giving it to the wraith to end its suffering? Funny enough, you get more XP and a +2 weapon if you go evil in this one.

Also, the whole helmet and cloak of Balduran quest can be considered an evil quest. You free some adventurers just to get from them how to get their treasured items. Then, you trick or force a harlot to give you the cloak, and disclose the location of the helment.

Another one. The whole thing about stealing the 3 items for the flying ship. Or stealing the telescope from a museum for the gnome? Or stealing anything, for that matter?

Being evil doesn't necessary mean being a psycho... although killing Noober brings so much satisfaction... If a peasant or a noble annoys you, attack him/her without using weapons until you knock them out. They are not dead, so your reputation will not suffer, but you had the satisfaction of giving them a lesson... and you can always come back when they awake for a second round.

11. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

there are evil quests like that excavation, were you can get a quest where you have to kill all the workers, the problem with playing evil (in my eyes) is that you loose to much rep, but it can be quite fun playing evil and having to fight to scores of flaming fist soldiers.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@ Korgal the Strong
    lol I think you mean ILLEGITIMATELY, after all cheating isn't very legitimate at all!

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Re-read his post Stu ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.