1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most missed BG2 spells

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Xellos, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just noticed that you don't have the Ghost armour and the spirit armour spells, which are replaced by mage armour..

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I will await the day they decide to make an IEEP equivalent to NWN, then I shall restore the spells they so Sinfully removed! 'Muahahahaha!'
    On a serious note; I miss the lev.1 spell 'Friends' (+6 to Charisma), although I guess that's been removed in favour of Eagle's Splendour (1d4 to Charisma).

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I too miss melf's minute meteors. It was soo kewl to watch a mage lobbing them at the approaching enemies. And it got through stoneskin layers a real treat :D

4. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wonder if cone of cold is still around. I love that spell.

My favourite spell was that Abanazidhasih's Sorcher or something. Heheheh.. That mage's name is too weird. I hope Bigby's hands spells are still around.

5. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Anyone miss any spell which is in NWN but not in other games? I kinda miss Premonition and Weird :D

Oh, and for me the most missed spell is Skull Trap. Although in BG2 it's kinda too powerful making Fireball useless by comparison, unless against water-based enemies maybe. no damage cap, non-elemental, and can be set to ward an area. It's on par with Horrid Wilting as the best damage dealing spells in the game. Horrid Wilting is party-friendly, however Skull Trap is just a 3rd level spell, and there are not much other useful lv3 spells later in game while you'd still spend some slots memorize other lv 8 spells... :cool:

[ September 15, 2002, 11:24: Message edited by: alighter ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.