1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Found something funny yet?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by TriLleX The Slayer, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Well I haven't.. I don't think this game has the humor from BG.. But oh well I'm not that far into the game yet.

2. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I loved the drinking contest I got into at the Bloodsailor hangout.

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I find my own amusment in the game :) like having the char laugh as they mow down a bunch of Goblins.
    I also like to use the taunt function :)

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I found the speech and various conversations of my int-8 paladin remarkably funny :D

5. Somnus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hmm... you must not be paying attention. It's there, but just not thrown in your face.

6. Ganz Gems: 6/31

The one that got me rolling on the floor was when I was creating my female character and trying to choose a suitable voice set.

The idealist is really funny. I am going to use that for my next character, perhaps a cleric. For my current rogue/wizard, I decided the seductress was more appropriate.

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I found Jared, the priest of Cyric in chapter 1 to be hilarious.

aloha
    Vormaerin

8. jesper898 Guest

I found two things:
    1. a lock of nymph hair, the description was: There are many unusual items in this game, this is one of them.
    2.My MALE ranger asked aarin about his story and he said it was nice to see such a beautiful women as me(i was a guy:roll: )

This game rules:)

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited July 02, 2002).]

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Drinking contest in the Seedy Tavern by far.

Down a pint of Dwarven Red Eye. Makes you fill like your covered in stones.

10. Scalphunt3r Gems: 1/31

i think i've played this game too much... coz' i found being pounded by an 'impossible' creature and reloading nearly a 100 times awfully funny.

yea i know. i need help. :p

11. Ganz Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Has anyone noticed that the potrait of Boddyknock Glinckle the Sorcerer is awfully similar to Spock? They even role-played him as a scientifically-inclined hopelessly logical person. Which is funny as he uses arcane magic!

12. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] the funniest thing so far:

i was trying to open a chest, my henchman daelan was set to assist me. so he came over to the chest, passed by, went straight to the other end of the room and yelled "by uthgards blood". that was by far the funniest bug i had. :D the other bugs aren't that entertaining...rebooting and such :eek:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hm, funny. Well, some people might find this funny, I didn't.

After sleeping with one of the prostitutes at Ophala's, she dropped down in the middle of a cold stone (!) floor as if somebody had cut her down with a sword. Next, little ZzzZzz's started coming from the top of her head and rising in the air ( :rolleyes: ). Finally, she started to snore with an awful, obviously MALE (!) voice that sounded like a bloody pig grunting. I almost threw up. 5 years in development for such design flaws to show up in the final version of the game is a disgrace. I wonder if anyone at BioWare actually played this part...

14. Kooter Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] They prob put that little easter egg in there to teach you a lesson : Do not solicit prostitutes!

15. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmm, the snoring thing would be annoying (my half-orc wasn't charismatic enough to get any even by paying for it), but the 'plop down on the floor' thing is purely a function of of the engine. You can't place characters on beds, because beds don't have a walking surface.

Now, why they had to show the girl sleeping at all is a different issue. :)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, I know a character can't walk up to the bed, but there are at least a dozen better ways they could have done this scene. As it is, it's worse than if they didn't do it at all.

17. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Aaaaahhhhh, quit moaning, you got your nightly service And 50 exp to boot. It could be worse....It could actually be a bloke in drag :D. You might need to take a persuasion check on yourself to tell yourself "It WAS a woman. It WAS a women..." Otherwise your character might just turn...if you know what I mean. :lol:. No offence meant.

[This message has been edited by Enthasius (edited July 06, 2002).]

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, Boddyknock does looks remarkably like Spock, even a bit of his somewhat...annoying Scientific stuff.

19. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Had to add to this older thread. This happened a while ago but I haven't been able to connect at work. Anyway, while chatting to Arabeth we got quite friendly and she said in that special sort of way 'I really have come to think of you as a ..... a friend' The final answear option was 'so does that mean we're going to go to bed soon?' :D

Very tempting and it was very much in charcter with my dwarven barbarian except that he wouldn't want to bed an elf.

20. Masterfulks Gems: 1/31

Veteran

I tend to amuse myself by saving, then going into the Whorehouses, sheath my sword, and beating down all the occupants with my fists. Purify by pain!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.