1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Class

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Day to Night, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I somewhat disagree with the idea the only way to multi class a monk is to go all or nothing. If you're talking about spell casters, then yes, possibly, even though depending on what I was building, I might take more than one monk level.

I think if you're multi classing into other classes, like a fighter, blackguard, rogue, assassin, etc, then more than 1 monk level is useful because you're not sacrificing spells. Monks have alot of useful feats and abilities, which can be useful depending on how you're going about building your character.

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I think that Gothmog is referring to the damage resistance that monks get at level 20...perfect self I think it's called. Probably the best level 20 feat of all the classes. By the way, I thought that a monk's eyes were suppposed to glow at level 20...mine never did :( Anyone know what's up with that?

3. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I prefer rogue/assassin classes. They are fun to play, most versatile of all classes, they don't need any henchmen, and they can stand toe-to-toe against dragons. Few barbarian levels never hurt either.

[ November 13, 2003, 18:18: Message edited by: Mayfairy ]

4. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I rather enjoy dualing monk/druid. Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it seems that a monk's unarmed combat training not only increases his damage dice in human form, but in animal form as well.

5. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A ranger with a level of rouge to get the sneak attack is allways usefull.
    This is my last post for some time as Knights of the old republic is out on tuseday so yay!! :) :p

[ November 17, 2003, 21:01: Message edited by: Day to Night ]

6. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, for me it would be a pure sorcerer with something about 33 charisma. He has got so many spells that it's frightened :D

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

How can you really say what is the best class? Best as in the best in melee? Best in range? Best arcan spells? Best speed? Best resistance? Funnest to play? Most HP?

There is so many ways looking at best!

8. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Monk/Druid?

Aren't there alignment restrictions here? I thought Monks have to be lawful and druids have to be true neutral... :hmm:

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Druids in 3rd are restricted to be neutral in some way. That means Neutral good/evil/lawful/true/chaotic is awailable to them.
    Which is very good if you ask me becouse you really cant expect all of them to be impassionable no-goody,no-baddies.

Anyway, right now in ALFA i have a really cool character concept... I'm going for:
    Halfling druid/rogue
    10/18/10/14/14/10. True neutral. expertise, weapon finesse, alertness.
    lvl1: rogue (lotsa skills to make you a formidable rogue + noone really starts as a druid... as there are no commoner classes, Rogue is a natural choice for a Hin)
    lvl2-6: druid (a developing druid)
    lvl7, 8: rogue (rogue skills maximized-making you extremely versatile(some magic, some fighting, sneaking, lockpicking...). Evasion for coolness, 2d6 sneak attacks for supporting fighters on the front. Uncanny dodge to always use your nifty +4 dex AC bonus).

What i really like in this char is the extreme versatility. He is still a formidable fighter (+4 to attack with weapon finesse, expertise, buffs), can cast some (rather minor) buffs or heals quite some damage(extremely important for ALFA). Also he is almost as effective as a full time rogue in terms of skills. For some time even vastly better in sneaking than pure rogue. When fighing in a group he is still a very valuable member becouse of his 2d6 sneak attack. He can even stand on the front line. Eventhough he does little to no damage directly confronted with enemy (d6 - sickle), he is smart enough to let others charge :p
    When he is alone he charges and lets his panther rake his opponent while the enemy is vainly trying to break through my expert defence(expertise+barkskin).

Some might say he's not all that powerful once he gets to higher levels. But then i made this character for ALFA. And there it takes many months to even reach lvl5. To 8th :rolleyes:
    But he Will reach it (he's extremely luck - hin ;) )

Oh, BTW his saves are good too... his druid levels take care of Will and Fortitude, and his 3 levels of rogue + 4dex bonus take care of Reflex. With the help of evasion at lvl8. :grin:

10. Nazgul Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Monks eyes do glow red when you hit 20th lvl. But only if you made 20th lvl after they installed the patch 1.32. If you have it before hand, they won't glow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.