1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Class

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Day to Night, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Depends on your play style. Personally, I think the clerics are the best, but a 19 cleric/1 fighter would be pretty nasty.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Completely agreed with. I happen to like Clerics, too, but not because they are powerfull in this game, I just like the divine thing.

Boosting my cleric and rush them into battle, casting ranged spells if nessessary, or destroying undeads with sun domain and above average charisma, what also gives me more sub-quests.
    Trying to roleplay a Morninglord, as allways.

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Clerics are powerful, but I've never been into the "worshipping a higher being" thing, so they are not as much fun for me to play. :rolleyes:

Currently, I am into bards. The freedom to wander wherever I please, almost always having someplace to stay for a song, meeting people, etc. is very enticing. Having a good selection of skills and some spells is fun too. Yes, right now I'd say that bards are the best. It's also fun to mix it up with some Arcane Archer levels for those times when the audience isn't quite as appreciative as they aught to be. ;)

But that's just right now. Ask again in 4-6 months and I might just give you a different answer. :)

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Agreed on the clerics. I personally like a little melee oomph as well, so I toss in about 4 levels of fighter. The domains in the game are great. Depending on what you pick, it's almost like having a cleric/mage. My domains I chose were magic (for stoneskin, melf's acid arrow and others) and IIRc, sun, which boosts your searing light and gives you some other cool spells too. I'm only in the first part of chapter two, and this character is so powerful it almost feels dirty. :D

7. Wraithbow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ranger/Rogue
    I'm currently a lv10 ranger and am about to level into rogue, maybe a druid level in there too. They are very versatile- spells,traps,fighter stuff,animals,2 weapon fighting.

Give him a longbow and a greatsword and he's a killing machine. :D

8. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I played with a pure fighter, melee, toe to toe, and he rocks!! HE could even stand a fight against a dragon.

9. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, most powerful would definitely be druids or clerics.. except possibly on levels 15-20, where wizards might beat them.

But personally, I'm not amused by any of those classes. I really like the bard. You get hide and move silently as class skills, AND a selection of nifty spells. Sneaking and magic is a very nice combination.

The only downside to the bard in my opinion, is that level 1 can be really tough.

[ September 30, 2003, 01:10: Message edited by: idoru ]

10. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Personally (I'm still in chapter one) I like playing the Human Ranger(1)/Rogue(X) combination because I hate relying on henchmen to handle traps and locks. This lets me use better henchmen ==> right now I have Grimnaw with me and he hasn't died once... Plus, I don't know if anyone noticed this, but when dual-wielding, the Rogue adds sneak-attack damage to both attacks. :thumb: Using two-weapons in combat is always a big feature as you can use weapons whose magic abilities cover a wider range of needs (flaming scimitar + stunning short-sword) which one large weapon wouldn't give you... And although in IWD2 the "Use Magic Item" skill was a complete waste of time, I really like having it in NWN. My rogue can wear monk items, druid items, use wands, read scrolls, it's great! :money:

11. tsabukalis Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Best class is cleric.With spells he/she become like a fighter. Best spell ever - HARM - , even in dragons and golems.

12. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I play a Sorcerer lvl 11 and works very good for me. Full with offesives spells (and a little of defesives one)

13. sapo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I play a lot on Bastions of War a pvp server and there I use my 1 monk\3 rogue\16 cleric.. a archer cleric with 59 AC and lots of magics... I know its a great character(for me, the best one, of course :) lol) but there are others that kill me sometimes... like a dwarf barbarian\fighter with a scyte(he is a killer when does critical hit)... some wizards(damn dispell and bigby´s hands)... arcane archer\rogues when they sneak... All of them are powerfull but there isnt the best one...
    A friend of mine is a bard archer he is also very strong
    Im for clerics with one level of monk because I like shooting, spelling and some times dual-wielding with the same character with very high AC... 3 levels of rogue gives me the unconny dodge 2d6 of sneak and evasion also the tumble and set trap... Its very good isnt it?

14. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I like cleric with a couple levels of thief thrown in. I don't like to depend on someone else to pick locks and find traps.

15. Day to Night Gems: 3/31

I am playing sorcerer at the moment so that is what I like best but a monk is also good.

16. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Never had much luck as any Magic-user Class...spell lobbing just isn't my style. Tried most of the Melee Classes, and right now am having great fun playing a straight class Monk. No weapons...no armour...and you still mop up the floor with everyone you face. It's a blast! Oh yeah, if you ever get into serious trouble, you can run real fast!

17. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

My favorite is a Rogue, with one level of Barbarian for extra speed and feats (e.g., shields, martial weapons). Easy class to solo with (not that the henchman in this game are all that great anyway), especially with all the traps you can recover and reset, plus the ability to use wands and scrolls.

Melee for a Rogue is better in NWN than other D&D based games, making the Rogue as powerful in combat as a cleric. Sneak attacks are great, especially since you can accomplish them even with a ranged weapon, plus take them every time your opponent casts a spell. With all the great defensive belts in this game, you can stand toe-to-toe with nearly anything in melee. Just switch belts as needed depending on your opponent's attack.

18. Day to Night Gems: 3/31

I think that a Barbarian is the best. lots of restances and you can run away quickly. Although a monk/ mage would be intresting

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Monk... only two options:

1: Pure monk
    2: monk1/other-class x

Anything else is not really worth taking. Speaking powerplaying-wise of course. RP wise - make whatever combination you like :)

20. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

It might be fun to play a very weak character, just to try to survive...like a Fighter with 8 Str, or a Rogue with low Dex, or a Wizard with low Cha. (or was it Sorcerers that use Cha :confused: ). Oh, well...that's what I might try next...just not on the OC or SoU :eek: , maybe a mod instead.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.