1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Powerhouse builds

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by xosmi, May 3, 2006.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorcerer/RDD/PaleMaster
    10/10/20

[ October 07, 2006, 05:18: Message edited by: Abdel - Bhaal Spawn ]

2. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I've just started playing the game now, bought the whole collection recently. Read a few of the powerhouse builds on the bioware site, and thought I'd make one that is paladin 3/fighter 4/ cleric x.

Problem is I'm level 6 now, and very weak. not bad at melee, but 14 strength, 12 constitution and 8 dexterity dont help. Can barely cast spells. Once I get my fighter and paladin levels to their appropriate values, things should get better as I get spells. What do you guys think? Waste of time?

Oh what order do you suggest I play things in? I have the original game and both addons.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Many of those powerhouse builds are really tough going at the low levels because you're no good at anything. I would level that one up as Paladin 1 / Fighter 4 first. Then you have enough melee and toughness to handle most things and then you can concentrate on clericking up. But other people would prefer getting the cleric spells first.

Remember that SoU and HotU are designed to be played one after another, with the OC as a separate campaign.

4. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Ya, my character is gaining power now, no longer so useless. Paladin 3/fighter 4/cleric 4. All other levels will go to cleric.

So should I finish the OC with my character, then import him into SoU, even though he will be at a higher level than they want him to be? If I start a new game in SoU, and get levelled up to 15, will I get to choose where each level goes, or do all of them go to one class?

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No, SoU is designed for a level 1 character. If you go in with a level 15 character, then it will be so ridiculously easy that it will be no fun for you.

I assume you meam HotU, as SoU doesn't level you up at all. At the beginning of HotU if you are under level 12 then you will recieve enough experience to level up to 15. As you gain one level at a time, where you allocate these levels is up to you.

6. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Oh okay. So I should start a new character for SoU, and I could even start a new one for HotU, because if I do, I will get levelled up to 15 anyway.

Cool thanks.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yeah, you got it. You may even be better with a new HotU character than using your SoU one- as this way you'll start at level 15, a level of experience you are very unlikely to reach from SoU. I personally enjoy using my OC character in HotU.

No problem.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I much prefer to take my SoU character into HotU. Starting HotU at level 12 or 13 is no big deal. The challenge rating system means you will get stacks of XP for your kills so won't end up too far behind. It's much more fun to level up in-game rather than artificially going from 1-15 instantly.

9. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you start a new character for HOTU you start with an empty inventory and like 50 gold pieces. Though your stuff gets stolen at the beginning of HOTU your gold does not and you generally end up with over 100,000 gold at the end of SOU. Plus you get all your stuff back by the end of Chapter 1.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.