1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Psycho Monk

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Syrel, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

the monk henchman grimnaw or whatever his name is, is a complete psycho!
    once he gets a taste of blood he just starts killing everyone.
    maybe it's gliched or something :p
    in chap 1 i was going to rescue this guard but decided instead to kill him since he wouldn't reward me (my guy is NE)
    Then the Monk gets it in his head that we can just go and kill anyone!
    i teleported back to the temple of Tyr and as i'm going over to talk to arybeth the monk starts killing a nurse!
    then there is no stoping him! he killed all the nurses and citizens in the temple and even killed Tomi!
    and that was it no one was safe anymore except plot chars that couldn't be killed.
    and it's not like these npcs are hostile because i can go and talk to them and one of them i was talking too! i was asking about the reward for a quest (in beggers nest) and i figured while the crazy monk was killing everyone in the tavern i would talk to this guy and get some gold for clearing that area. just as he says yes i'll give you some gold the stupid monk kills him!
    it was kinda fun at first but that monk has some issues :evil:
    unlike my own char who is an evil necromancer :holy: that kills anyone that doesn't cough up enough reward :heh:

2. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

the monk only attacks "red" ppl or you make him attack. i guess it's a bug...had some of them so far :aaa:

1. had a lot problems importing chars, henchmen usually went nuts and killed everyone...
    2. game crashes randomly, freezing even win2k --> reset
    3. weapon forging won't work sometimes, smith doesn't accept some "magic items"
    4. autosave will kick in while loading a new setting or something --> crash
    5. char getting stuck somewhere in walls/doors whatever --> teleporting out works though
    6. if henchman is set to assist you opening chests, he'll sometimes try to get to that chest even if you already teleported out
    7. attackbonus sometimes drasticly lowered for some reason --> fixed after restart
    8. icon "lowered movement speed" appears after joining server without reason,
    dropping all items and temple healing doesn't fix it. actual movement speed seems ok though
    9. some debug/error msgs in the chatbox

i think this is it... :eek: ...game is fun though...finished it just yesterday, pulled it off with a lvl 15 fighter w/o henchman. tough fight imho. :D
    right now i'm playing a fighter(4)/barbarian(3)/rogue(1) dualwielding katanas...

btw. the demon in the helmite hold (where you have to fight desther) will give you a second magic item if you are evil (got some n1 boots! -> "dragon slippers")!

/sry for me english, me just being german :D

[This message has been edited by mASSIVe (edited July 05, 2002).]

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] it must be a glich then because he was definitly going after non hostile npcs without me asking him to i even told him to stand his groudn but he didn't listen so i had to fire him :p
    cpl other bugs i've found
    hiting pause then click a door (beside you) then unpause will result in your char appearing along in the abyss (ie all black screen except your char.) this seems to work most of the time for me.
    another one was repeatingly triing to use the stone of recall while i was stuned it finally worked just as the spell was ending but it permentaly left the little stuned stars swirling around my head. resting didn't fix it nor did going to different arears i had to restart the game to get rid of them :p
    cpl times i've opened doors that where traped without triping the trap (which then triped as i walked through the open door.. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.