1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't hurt some NPC's

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Valenious, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Valenious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Example, chapter 2, the temple, there is a mage in there who attacks me but when i hit him back, it says weapon ineffective. What is the deal, help please!!

2. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, the obivous question must be asked, did you download the patch?

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Which temple in chapter two? There are a number of NPCs throughout the game that have various sorts of protections that might cause that. Sometimes there are specific things you need to do to overcome it, sometimes it wears off, sometimes you just have the wrong weapon.

If I'm wearing a Greater Archer's belt, no one is gonna hurt with a shortsword unless they get *really* lucky, but a warhammer will work just fine.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

4. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31

He might have damage reduction. If he for example has 20/+3, he will ignore the first 20 damage from every hit except if you hit him with a +3 or better weapon.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

indeed, or maybe he uses the spell Protection From Normal Weapons?

6. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31

I don't know if that's in.

7. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I came acrose a lich that I couldn't hurt with normal weopons for what seemed to be about 5 rounds then all of a sudden i went from doing 1-4 dmg from the sonic hit on my sword to my full dmg of 10-15 from my 2 swords. so i think there is a spell to protect vs normal weopons.

[This message has been edited by Syrel (edited June 27, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.